The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Look at the schedule.  We have 12 games the entire rest of the month.  Lots of off days going forward so no reason to worry if Demmer gets 10 of those games. That would be 10 games in 29 days for him. No prob.

As long as he isn’t overplayed I am good with anything. If the schedule works so that we can roll with him without worrying about it then let’s do it. 

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I agree with you that coaching is a problem. I will say that its 60 to 70% coaching problem and 30 to 40% a skill problem since we lack skills in bottom 6 and also lack a good defensive D man that can shut it down.

I agree we could use a better shutdown Dman but our bottom 6 has a decent amount of skill, like I mentioned in a different thread Gaudette leads the entire league in generating high danger chances individually. I think the player we have could be utilized better, and that, for me is a coaching problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Omg even Holtby now saying they are “trending in the right direction”???

see how the players drink the koolaid the coach served?

you lost 14 of the last 17 !!!

Thats trending towards a draft pick 

Which is what we need because we won't have any damn cap space for good players!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Hes just towing the company line.

No way any of them believe that. They’re told to say it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Exactly! 14 of 17. They are accepting losing. It doesn't make sense.Yet they continue to say that they need to be better and it will start next game. 14 of 17 says you can't and don't know how to do it.

8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Couldn’t be the lack of systems, lineup choices, game prep, in game management 

nope

must be the players 

I agree with you, the system is crap and I mentioned that before. A lot of it is the fault of our coaching from mediocre PP and poor defensive structure to inability to match lines or tinker with the lineup. I wont deny the fact that Benning also let many of our skilled players walk for nothing, especially our MVP last season. You cant deny that fact.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Running goalie into the ground isn’t a BS excuse. We did that with Marky, he got hurt and it almost cost us a playoff spot if not for COVID. 

I don’t think you could use that reason here though. It was a back to back but we didn’t play for 3 days prior. Could have ran with Demko again. 

I agree, it's not Greens fault that there were back to backs and it makes the most sense to give Holtby this start so Demmer is fresh against Toronto.

• RoughGame 1