The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 2, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Just frustrated tonight cause the team seemed ready to play but the goalie forgot the memo.  

You forgot about Green, where was he tonight. Maybe looking for another job

Just now, DefCon1 said:

I agree with you, the system is crap and I mentioned that before. A lot of it is the fault of our coaching from mediocre PP and poor defensive structure to inability to match lines or tinker with the lineup. I wont deny the fact that Benning also let many of our skilled players walk for nothing, especially our MVP last season. You cant deny that fact.

We miss Marky as he covered up so many sins last season m

Green misses him because his incompetent is more exposed now

22 minutes ago, Deets said:

You do realize Benning put together the team in front of you, right? Do you disagree that he should take the lions share of the blame?

I do realize this, but some things have to be accountable to the appropriate people. For example, do you blame the Prime Minister because your coffee was served cold at McDonalds?

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly! 14 of 17. They are accepting losing. It doesn't make sense.Yet they continue to say that they need to be better and it will start next game. 14 of 17 says you can't and don't know how to do it.

I think they are ok with losing it seems. Green just has a relaxed attitude when we lose so the players think thats ok. Aquaman needs to fire both GM and coach because we are becoming like the old oilers team.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly! 14 of 17. They are accepting losing. It doesn't make sense.Yet they continue to say that they need to be better and it will start next game. 14 of 17 says you can't and don't know how to do it.

Covid or not, it’s ASTONISHING this coach and GM still have jobs. This team has continually gotten worse under their command.

Brutal time to be a fan.

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Omg even Holtby now saying they are “trending in the right direction”???

see how the players drink the koolaid the coach served?

you lost 14 of the last 17 !!!

Thats trending towards a draft pick 

EC469A78-22F1-4E13-804D-14F2AC0A24FF.gif

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Difference between Green and a real coach

Green says (rarely) we need to be better 

real coaches specifically lay out what needs to he done and what went wrong

Babs did that all the time, so does torts and coach q 

3 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

You forgot about Green, where was he tonight. Maybe looking for another job

Not really blaming Green for the decision cause the team seemed ready to play and they had momentum as the 1st was winding down then Sutter with his brain fart & Holtby with his first softie..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, b3. said:

Covid or not, it’s ASTONISHING this coach and GM still have jobs. This team has continually gotten worse under their command.

Brutal time to be a fan.

I mean on the one hand it makes it an attractive place for any new GM with job security like this.

On the other hand any GM who really wants to win is gonna look at our organizations culture and take a hard pass.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I agree with you, the system is crap and I mentioned that before. A lot of it is the fault of our coaching from mediocre PP and poor defensive structure to inability to match lines or tinker with the lineup. I wont deny the fact that Benning also let many of our skilled players walk for nothing, especially our MVP last season. You cant deny that fact.

I see that you didn't even answer my post. Benning surely deserves blame, but to cast this on him for poor coaching decisions and strategies is hilarity. That's why jobs are specialized. If Benning was good at coaching, he'd be coaching, yes? You can't be a leader without faithfully passing on the responsibilities to people who are supposedly better at the job than the average person. This is why kings should not be engineers of boats, which is how that Swedish ship sunk after 10 minutes of sailing.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Green actually had very little good to say about the team tonight. Thank goodness. Will he take responsibility for his and his brainless assistants miscues tonight? 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

We miss Marky as he covered up so many sins last season m

Green misses him because his incompetent is more exposed now

This is true, it also reminds me of how bad we played against Vegas in playoffs and needed Demko to turn into a prime Hasek in order to win some of the games. What is worse is that we have even worst assistant coaches.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I mean on the one hand it makes it an attractive place for any new GM with job security like this.

On the other hand any GM who really wants to win is gonna look at our organizations culture and take a hard pass.

Disagree - you're gonna get a GM who thinks they can outdo their predecessors. Always.