The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

The one saving grace for JV is that he's entering into a team with high character, youth, and mad skill and potential, so if that doesn't motivate him, especially when he'll be given a very good chance to play, then nothing will and he'll be out of the league after this. 

OMG, can you imagine all the confusion we're going to have talking about JV and JV? :o

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

OMG, can you imagine all the confusion we're going to have talking about JV and JV? :o

It'll be easy because we can kill both birds with one stone, since they're basically the same players.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Vey is mentoring Podz right now. Has been his center for quite a few shifts at St Petes, although Linden plays mostly 2nd line C minutes. So only linemates when coach gives Podz a promotion

I knew it! I think Linden Vey is great at pep talks...letting Podz know if things bomb in the big leagues he can always play in the K...! We need Linden to talk to Roussel and Jake and a few other dudes...

Edited by Westcoastcanucks777

This is a good pickup.  Vesey is good defensively and has an offensive upside.  Unfortunately, with the loss of Pears, he may have to move up to the 2nd line:sadno:   Makes me wonder if that was the plan anyways, as Pears was more than likely moving at the TDL.  Nuck luck.:picard:

Whatever the case, he will outplay most of the other choices and really doesn't cost that much.  If he can play like he did in 18/19 or even last year in Buf (who gets a +12 on that  team), he will be a solid addition to the Canucks (better that Pears, this season).

If the Canucks were going to trade Pearson, they should have taken him out of the roster to begin with, but instead, they had him continuing to play after spraining his ankle.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

Very low risk grab with the potential to pan out in a nice modest way.   Vesey isn’t that far removed from 17-18 goal seasons and he’s still fairly young (27).   Playing in Buffalo tends to kill anyone’s spirit while Toronto is very deep up front and so it’s possible that Vesey was buried (similar to JT Miller in Tampa).

I think it’s a great grab by Benning and I’m interested to see if it pans out.   

• Vintage 2