The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is the equivalent to a player interview that goes like this: "They have a good team over there, you have to give them a lot of credit.  We just have to take it one shift at a time, get pucks in deep, pucks on net, work hard and trust the process."

What is Keefe going to say?  "Vesey was pretty average and we have a lot of guys on the roster that can achieve what he did which is basically nothing.  He started on the 2nd line, worked his way on to the waiver wire and then right off the team."

Vesey will not move the needle and unfortunately the Canucks have way too many dudes that don't add anything.  Bringing in another "dude" will not change team results.  At least he is cheap and is not signed long term

This team needs top players to compliment the quality of Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Hughes and Demko.  Schmidt and Hoglander are a great start.  I really hope Podkolzin and Rathbone can add to that mix.

Edited by Dynamic Innovator
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, mll said:

They could have tried.  Pick him up and waive him the next day to see if he makes it to the taxi squad.  If he doesn’t make it things stay as is.

Can a team do that? I thought that if a player was claimed off waivers it had to be at least 30 days with the claiming team before he could again be waived.  Or am I conflating waiver rules with the taxi squad rules?

8 minutes ago, lmm said:

this says to me that Jimmer and Greenie both think we have a chance to make the playoffs 

and Greenie wants a veteran group and he doesn't want rookies (Michaelis, MacEwan, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovich, Bailey, Graovac...) impeding his play off chances

I think this also says that they will grow their offensive players first, and when they reach their prime, they will start working on defensive players

that should work, huh?

Or Pearson is traded, in which case this is a great move

Edited by Jayinblack

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Has size but doesn’t hit. Sounds like a new whipping boy for the rabid fan base here. :gocan:

Can’t piss and moan about the salary though.

Welcome to Vancouver Jimmy. 

What do you mean?

People always p!ss and moan on CDC. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Can a team do that? I thought that if a player was claimed off waivers it had to be at least 30 days with the claiming team before he could again be waived.  Or am I conflating waiver rules with the taxi squad rules?

Carolina claimed Forsberg from Edmonton as insurance in case they lost Nedeljkovic who they had to waive to get to their taxi squad.  Once Nedeljkovic cleared they waived Forsberg the next day who was then claimed by Winnipeg (because they had just lost Comrie).

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

so "classy" they waived Spezza - who went d.i.y. with a public appeal not to be claimed by anyone....("or I'll retirez!")

Ironically, Babcock earned a lot of hatred in Toronto for scratching Spezza...

Spezza then gets waived = and crickets.

Keefe must be better at stroking the TO media  than the fiery Babcock was.:P

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

If Motte is back...

I'd assign Eriksson to Utica, and keep Michaelis on the taxi squad....for two reasons - one is cap, the other is to encourage LE to retire.

Don't think LE is going to Utica.  As far as I'm aware, it would mean LE would get more real $$$ as it would not be subject to Escrow.  Don't think Aquilini wants to lose more $$ than necessary. 

We are not going to make the playoffs given how Montreal and Calgary have picked up the pace so the only way this  pickup makes sense is if we can play him and hopefully he can show he is a trade deadline asset

i cant see him fitting into the long term plan given our prospect pool  

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

kool  no goals no assists whats he done out there so far  you think one shot on  net in 6 games is gonna keep you in lineup hes going to utica pretty quick 

Maybe you should get him to help

You work on your grammar?

You really need to start using comma’s and periods man . Over the past year, reading

Your posts have hurt my brain.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We are not going to make the playoffs given how Montreal and Calgary have picked up the pace so the only way this  pickup makes sense is if we can play him and hopefully he can show he is a trade deadline asset

i cant see him fitting into the long term plan given our prospect pool  

NO.

We picked this guy up off waivers because he is the future of this franchise.

A cornerstone.

A diamond.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

Don't think LE is going to Utica.  As far as I'm aware, it would mean LE would get more real $$$ as it would not be subject to Escrow.  Don't think Aquilini wants to lose more $$ than necessary. 

Not this season.  Per the transition rules 1-way players earn the same salary in both leagues.  There’s a 20% reduction in salary + 10% deferral when assigned to the AHL, so same 72% as in the NHL.

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, mll said:

Not this season.  Per the transition rules 1-way players earn the same salary in both leagues.  There’s a 20% reduction in salary + 10% deferral when assigned to the AHL, so same 72% as in the NHL.

Thanks.  Then send LE down and hope he retires.  :)

5 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver moves more than one player. I agree Pearson may be in the works. 

if there's chemistry with Gaudette I'll be happy. Vesey-AG-Motte could bring some jam.

We got more out of Leivo than anyone thought we would, so maybe lightning strikes twice. 

• Cheers 1