The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jimmy Vesey | #24 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, khay said:

If we can get (father) Bowman level hockey mind to take over, I'd be all for canning JB even if father asks to parachute his son onto the GM position.

But I don't know... there aren't many Bowmans around. We might do worse by letting JB go if the new guy doesn't properly assess the current roster/talent.

That's for sure. 

But there are experienced hockey minds out there. Let's see how it unfolds. 

Either way we are atleast 3 yrs away from contending. COL is going to be a powerhouse and tough to beat for the foreseeable future. 

15 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

For sure, but if he's worse than Michaelis or Eriksson, we can just waive him so there won't be any real consequences.  For now, we need some competent NHL forwards to fill in for all our injuries.  He's at least that.  Personally, I thought he looked pretty good when the Leafs were handing us our lunch, but I gather his play fell off a bit after that.   Bottom line:  he's replacement level + at a replacement level salary. 

Can't see that being the case. He wasn't great in TO by the stats, but he has to be a better producer than that if he's given top 6 minutes here. 

15 hours ago, Quantum said:

Vesey and Miller played together on the Rangers. So there's familiarity there. I don't know how good there chemistry was while they were playing together on the Rangers but I'm excited to see what they could do. Should make the transition for Vesey a little easier if he is thrust into a Top 6 role with Pearson out for any kind of extended period.

thanks I didn't realize that. 

15 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Vesey-Miller-Boeser? All American line. When was the last time we’ve seen that?

Amurica!!! Brock yeah!!!

looks like something Burkie would put together. 

As we get close to game time I am getting more interested in this experiment. Even if it just tilts the play a bit to us having better/more possession I think I'll be happy. 

Just now, stawns said:

Vessey Miller Jake was a handful most of the night.

Honestly if this line really keeps clicking and petey and Pearson come back... this would be something that would be pretty cool to test out. 

Big Mack  Petey  Boes/Hogz

Pearson      Bo     Boes/Hogz

Vessey      Miller      Jake 

Hawryluk   Sutter     Motte

This way you can keep rolling the lines and really wear out the opposition big time. Lots of toughness throughout the lineup, solid 4 lines that can all score and contribute in different ways. I’d definitely like to see them with this lineup at some point, but it’s not very likely it’ll happen like this. 

• Vintage 1

On 3/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, WHL rocks said:

That's for sure. 

But there are experienced hockey minds out there. Let's see how it unfolds. 

Either way we are atleast 3 yrs away from contending. COL is going to be a powerhouse and tough to beat for the foreseeable future. 

2 years and it's irrelevant if Vesey sticks or not, Podz is here soon.. Bo Vasily and Nils is going to be one F of a line... quote me on that, not saying I'm not the first seeing it but I'm stoked... 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not bad. Didn't look out of place.

I was going to ask the same thing, it will take a little bit for him to get used to new players and systems but hopefully he'll be a fast learner but if he didn't look out of place that's a good sign I'd say... be nice to get another steal..