The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's all too overwhelming for me.  

I actually cried yesterday reading all this news about my team.  Worrying about my kids.

I'm out for today folks...my message is love each other, be kind to each other and thanks for listening to me ramble on so much.  You get a break now.  :)

GCG

Enjoy the sun! B)

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Maybe time for JB or AQ to come address the media?  

Lot of leak or speculation reporting. Everyone on the team is silent. Nhl might have placed a gag order. 

Gotta wait for the dust to settle before they can report the full extent.

In the meantime the media has to be responsible and not speculate or make up numbers.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Reporting is big money, truth is just an inconvenience most times.

Hey just wanted to offer thoughts, not sure reporting is big money anywhere. Most reporters and journalists never see 100k in their life. 

Also I am confused how Dreger and Cuz are getting people to spill the beans to them. In any organization if there is a squeaky wheel they get quickly identified and fired.

I don't understand how these guys have inside knowledge on a system that is bullet proof sealed organization like a sports team that only has a limited number of "know hows" and these guys don't leak.

Edited by LeafsFanDan

Just now, LeafsFanDan said:

Hey just wanted to offer thoughts, not sure reporting is big money anywhere. Most reported and journalists never see 100k in their life. 

I think it’s more being first is what matters and credibility is secondary.

You get more followers if you break a story first. More followers equal building up your brand and ultimately more money/opportunities.

No one tends to remember or care when you’re wrong anymore. Accountability is a foreign word in journalism now.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think it’s more being first is what matters and credibility is secondary.

You get more followers if you break a story first. More followers equal building up your brand and ultimately more money/opportunities.

No one tends to remember or care when you’re wrong anymore. Accountability is a foreign word in journalism now.

while that has always been the case, I don't think it's necessarily that way with credible sources.........the problem is that we have too many media illiterate citizens who don't understand how to determine what it means to be a credible source or what journalistic/editorial standards entail.  We have a few generations who came of age before the internet and never got the modern media skills that todays kids are getting and they believe what they read, without doing a simple crdibility check

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Hey just wanted to offer thoughts, not sure reporting is big money anywhere. Most reporters and journalists never see 100k in their life. 

Also I am confused how Dreger and Cuz are getting people to spill the beans to them. In any organization if there is a squeaky wheel they get quickly identified and fired.

I don't understand how these guys have inside knowledge on a system that is bullet proof sealed organization like a sports team that only has a limited number of "know hows" and these guys don't leak.

90 percent of it is made up.  They need us to believe they have inside info.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

while that has always been the case, I don't think it's necessarily that way with credible sources.........the problem is that we have too many media illiterate citizens who don't understand how to determine what it means to be a credible source or what journalistic/editorial standards entail.  We have a few generations who came of age before the internet and never got the modern media skills that todays kids are getting and they believe what they read, without doing a simple crdibility check

Agree.. which is why the only 2 ppl i care to listen to regarding this team are Hirsch and Rintoul.  

• Cheers 1