Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I like the new layout of the website


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

I don't like the red buttons. Doesn't fit with Canuck colours.

yeah i think some stuff is a bit hard to read, but i think thats easily fixable. i dont mind this update at all, it seems to be keeping the good CDC features, but in a more modernized way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

I don't like the red buttons. Doesn't fit with Canuck colours.

Agreed. 

Create a Canucks forum but don't make it blue/green - ok....? 

Then I noticed that it's 'powered by _____' and that's (red) their corpo colour lol....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The layout seems neat, I just hate how overwhelming the white is. Maybe it's just me though. 

 

Agreed that the red buttons are weird. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The layout seems neat, I just hate how overwhelming the white is. Maybe it's just me though. 

 

Agreed that the red buttons are weird. 

Same, some blue and green mixed in would be nice

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Same, some blue and green mixed in would be nice

 

Agreed, it'd be nice to have more balance@our colours 

 

Green, blue, and white

 

Though I'd be down for black, red, and yellow mixed into the white as well 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The spacing is a little off, specifically when a member quotes someone and starts writing their response.
 

Most people will not take the extra time to go down one line to then begin writing their response. As you can see in Example 1 this puts the response too close to the quote box making it slightly difficult to read. Especially if it’s a long paragraph.  
 

Ex 1.

77C90684-7D00-4DF6-AC4D-38795B9606B3.jpeg.6fe6525a933d3cbe7486ae2cc7d5b1ce.jpeg

 

 

At least for me and based on what I’ve learned about design principles. Also not trying to rip on Hamhuis Hip Check here just for learning purpose, that hip got us to the 7th game of the Stanley cup finals. 
 

Otherwise it’s pretty good; it’s always good to have a new experience online, especially during this xxxxxxx pandemic.  
 

and also probably have a Moderator pin this thread so we can continue to report bugs. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

The layout seems neat, I just hate how overwhelming the white is. Maybe it's just me though. 

 

Agreed that the red buttons are weird. 

I do agree, the whiteness of the layout does seem a tad bit overpowering when you are looking at it for a while, 

 

58 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Harder to read.  Plenty of blank space on the right side on some threads.  Oh well.

In regards to this it does seem very wasteful in terms of real estate as well as putting all the text off centre, I would love if they could add a feature to maybe close it, so people who want to see the popular posts can just open it and push the text to the side, but when one wants the text to go back centred they can just close the right part and it will go back to normal

just some food for thought

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Don't worry guys, I'll make the buttons green. 

 

That's great, those red buttons are like Habs-like.  It reminds me of the Habs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The spacing is a little off, specifically when a member quotes someone and starts writing their response.
 

Most people will not take the extra time to go down one line to then begin writing their response. As you can see in Example 1 this puts the response too close to the quote box making it slightly difficult to read. Especially if it’s a long paragraph.  
 

Ex 1.

77C90684-7D00-4DF6-AC4D-38795B9606B3.jpeg.6fe6525a933d3cbe7486ae2cc7d5b1ce.jpeg

 

 

At least for me and based on what I’ve learned about design principles. Also not trying to rip on Hamhuis Hip Check here just for learning purpose, that hip got us to the 7th game of the Stanley cup finals. 
 

Otherwise it’s pretty good; it’s always good to have a new experience online, especially during this xxxxxxx pandemic.  
 

and also probably have a Moderator pin this thread so we can continue to report bugs. 

 

Actually, it might have cost us the series. After Hammer was injured trying to use it on Looch, we were without our top all around D man after only one game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...