The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I like the new layout of the website

Boest-er

2 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

I don't like the red buttons. Doesn't fit with Canuck colours.

yeah i think some stuff is a bit hard to read, but i think thats easily fixable. i dont mind this update at all, it seems to be keeping the good CDC features, but in a more modernized way.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ESP77 said:

I don't like the red buttons. Doesn't fit with Canuck colours.

Agreed. 

Create a Canucks forum but don't make it blue/green - ok....? 

Then I noticed that it's 'powered by _____' and that's (red) their corpo colour lol....

19 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Same, some blue and green mixed in would be nice

Agreed, it'd be nice to have more balance@our colours 

Green, blue, and white

Though I'd be down for black, red, and yellow mixed into the white as well 

• Cheers 2

The spacing is a little off, specifically when a member quotes someone and starts writing their response.

Most people will not take the extra time to go down one line to then begin writing their response. As you can see in Example 1 this puts the response too close to the quote box making it slightly difficult to read. Especially if it’s a long paragraph.  

Ex 1.

77C90684-7D00-4DF6-AC4D-38795B9606B3.jpeg.6fe6525a933d3cbe7486ae2cc7d5b1ce.jpeg

At least for me and based on what I’ve learned about design principles. Also not trying to rip on Hamhuis Hip Check here just for learning purpose, that hip got us to the 7th game of the Stanley cup finals. 

Otherwise it’s pretty good; it’s always good to have a new experience online, especially during this xxxxxxx pandemic.  

and also probably have a Moderator pin this thread so we can continue to report bugs. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

The layout seems neat, I just hate how overwhelming the white is. Maybe it's just me though. 

Agreed that the red buttons are weird. 

I do agree, the whiteness of the layout does seem a tad bit overpowering when you are looking at it for a while, 

58 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Harder to read.  Plenty of blank space on the right side on some threads.  Oh well.

In regards to this it does seem very wasteful in terms of real estate as well as putting all the text off centre, I would love if they could add a feature to maybe close it, so people who want to see the popular posts can just open it and push the text to the side, but when one wants the text to go back centred they can just close the right part and it will go back to normal

just some food for thought

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The spacing is a little off, specifically when a member quotes someone and starts writing their response.

Most people will not take the extra time to go down one line to then begin writing their response. As you can see in Example 1 this puts the response too close to the quote box making it slightly difficult to read. Especially if it’s a long paragraph.  

Ex 1.

77C90684-7D00-4DF6-AC4D-38795B9606B3.jpeg.6fe6525a933d3cbe7486ae2cc7d5b1ce.jpeg

At least for me and based on what I’ve learned about design principles. Also not trying to rip on Hamhuis Hip Check here just for learning purpose, that hip got us to the 7th game of the Stanley cup finals. 

Otherwise it’s pretty good; it’s always good to have a new experience online, especially during this xxxxxxx pandemic.  

and also probably have a Moderator pin this thread so we can continue to report bugs. 

Actually, it might have cost us the series. After Hammer was injured trying to use it on Looch, we were without our top all around D man after only one game.