The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Victor Mete, Sami Vatanen, Alex Biega, Danny Dekeyser, Josh Healey, Cody Goloubef

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I meant keeping OJ and our other young players as far away from that idiot as possible.

oh wait, you don't know? our whole franchise including the comets imploy the collapsing strategy. teams do this so when they get called up they don't have to learn a new system on the fly.

Mete and Juolevi were linemates on the London Knights, reuniting them isn’t a terrible idea. I just wonder if Mete will slip past the Sabres, Red Wings, Sens, whatever before getting to us?!?

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Sabres snag Mete after dealing Montour.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why do some want us to claim Mete? He is tiny and we have OJ and Rathbone as LHD prospects ready or on the verge of being ready from some NHL minutes...boggles my mind 

just depth for the upcoming grind, it would be helpful to rotate guys in and out of the line up 

If some of our guys aren't ready to go for the restart maybe it makes sense to pick up some guys off waivers. Mete and Vatanen would be of interest. Vatanen could be done his quarantine and would only miss a few games. Apparently they were interested in acquiring Vatanen before they signed Hamonic.

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why do some want us to claim Mete? He is tiny and we have OJ and Rathbone as LHD prospects ready or on the verge of being ready from some NHL minutes...boggles my mind 

For me it’s still just the hope of trading a dman or two at the deadline and with our jam packed schedule having Mete for a 6/7 is better than Rathbone being up playing minimal time. Leave him in the minors playing 20+ minutes a game.