The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

12 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I saw this on Reddit and thought WTF did I just watch? I’m not trying pass judgement on the person but I’ll just say it’s a head-scratcher why his wife posts this kind of stuff. Weird.

lol wtf

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

For 1.75 Million, I wouldn't mind having Sutter back for another season or two. He's solid defensively and pretty good in our bottom 6.

And he has had a pretty good year for avoiding injuries, which is significant in his case.  I think he's worth as much as 2.5.  As long as we buy out Beagle, there is room and money for him.  Which reminds me: are we restricted to just one buy out a year? Eriksson is death, but the Beagle and Roussel deals are pretty bad too.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, gameburn said:

I think Benning has a specific plan for every position on the team -- which sounds great -- but when a player doesn't fit in the hole he has set up for him, he gets rid of him, it almost doesn't matter to him what he gets back, the big thing is to dump the player who doesn't fit the hole.  This guy he is getting back doesn't appear to be as good a player as Gaudette, so we have a net loss in team talent, but Benning is okay with this BECAUSE the new guy will fill an entirely different (less critical) role.  

Mathematically, this looks bad; hockey is different, but still....

Remember a couple of years back when we had a huge number of "almost NHL-ready" players who came to camp?  Was supposed to create competition, bring out the best in players.  Problem is: doesn't increase the talent level one bit.

I dont hate the trade on the basis that Gaud wasnt going to be protected and something is better than nothing. if that nothing ends up being something that becomes an issue however adding Bowey helps that something become nothing . you follow? So if Seattle has to pick from virt Holtby or loui pick your poison not helping a division rival may be worth it. contingent on the something they choose from being nothing.

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And this is why Benning drafts for character.  I'd add Boeser into that group for sure with how much he's improved this year, and how great a human he is off the ice.

True.

Should have included him as well. Throw Demko in there too.

• Cheers 3

Personally, if this kid can turn I to another Motte like bottom 6 player I would be stoked.  Him and Hawryluk zipping around together could be awesome.  

I also think it's time for Motte to play on the third line.  But there is a log jam even if they trade JV, buy out AR and re-sign Vesey and Hawryluk.  

Lind and MacEwan too.  

I like the internal competition tho

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Personally, if this kid can turn I to another Motte like bottom 6 player I would be stoked.  Him and Hawryluk zipping around together could be awesome.  

I also think it's time for Motte to play on the third line.  But there is a log jam even if they trade JV, buy out AR and re-sign Vesey and Hawryluk.  

Lind and MacEwan too.  

Motte, Lind, and Hoglander would be a royal pain in the butt to play against eventually.

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Lind and MacEwan too.  

I think Mac's days in Van are numbered too.......unless they plan on using him to.replace Beagle at 4C