The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If the Leags lose again in the 1st round I will literally ask for nothing from Santa this year. So arrogant. Almost everyone on their team has a punchable face.

They will get destroyed in the first round. Guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I just wish they’d dial his ice time down a bit. Let the guy develop. I feel like they are somewhat throwing him under the bus here 

I didn’t like Huggy’s body language tonight (and haven’t really since the games started up again). Just his posture and movements, and his facial expression and eyes, seem worn out and world-weary. 

Not really surprising, since (IV fake news aside) Hughes was said to have had one of the rougher goes with Covid. So he’s probably still recovering, and fatigue and his general “wellness” is probably still an issue.

Of course, Quinn never really really looks like he’s enjoying himself, even at the best of times. He just has one of those faces and he often reads like he’s either disinterested or dying. :lol:

But what really seems to be missing lately is that brightness in his eyes, as he’s watching the game patterns and flow, and his mind is working on dissecting the play in front of him. He just looks dull and glassy in his eyes, slumped in posture, and just doesn’t seem to be all there, mentally or physically.

Not saying it’s a major concern. Just that he really doesn’t look himself (which, again, is no surprise, given what he’s gone through with Covid, and is now going through, with the ridiculous schedule).

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

Team tank???

happy bart simpson GIF

Sadly it is even hard to cheer for the tank this year giving how much if a crapshoot this under scouted class is and lack of a sure fire top talent. 

Guess we can cheer to go high enough to draft Luke Hughes. Good feel good story at the very least. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sadly it is even hard to cheer for the tank this year giving how much if a crapshoot this under scouted class is and lack of a sure fire top talent. 

Guess we can cheer to go high enough to draft Luke Hughes. Good feel good story at the very least. 

or big body talent to bring more grit

• Cheers 1

The Canucks are .419 since @SNuck decided to merge the GDT and PGT this season.

I know some of you will come up with different numbers so I’ll explain:

The first game doesn’t count in the stat since it was over before the threads were combined, we won that game.

Im also going old school, a loss is a loss so we’ve only won 18 games and played 43 hence the .419.

Should you include our 3 loser points were still only .453.

Also since everyone’s throwing out blame on everything and anything for our dismal season I’d like you all to consider blaming SNuck, heck, it can’t be our coaches fault, they’re getting re-signed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

This draft does not have a player or two who separate themselves from the rest. But lets not think that there isn't some high end players.   

some teams** are gunna get real lucky, hopefully were one of em.

Edited by TNucks1

Not Holtby's best game either. Not even counting his fait accompli flub at the end.

What is up with Miller's passing lately? Static interference in his hockey GPS. He nullified a few opportunities, and caused more than one odd man rush the other way by errant passes. Bad errant passes. Then he works like a dog and scores another goal and I forgive him.

This is only the first of the back to backs in our compressed schedule to end the season. I'm worried about more injury. Green doesn't have to play balls out anymore.  Maybe spot Hughes off more often. 

$#@#$% hope Motte is okay.  He's got no luck this season. He just got back from injury and a bad bout of RONA. I pray its not some serious concussion. High hit to the head, that should have been called, especially if that's the kind of injury they say they want to take out of the game.

This is the start of the schizophrenic part of the season.  I want them to win when I'm watching. Especially against the Leaves :mad:.   If they do, for at least 24 hours, all is well in the world, I feel great about my life. Sports radio is again talking about things like "turning point" and "so you're saying there's a chance".

But if they lose, after the initial shock wears off, its just another peg on the board higher for Luke in the end.  I want them to win but I'm not sad if they lose.

Because if we don't get Luke, Seattle might. At least according to this mock draft. If the Kraken had him, can u imagine the amped up rivalry which would happen anyways between them and us, if it was Hughes vs Hughes too?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/nhl-mock-draft-2021-sabres-owen-power-kraken-luke-hughes/o92mfuglsbwv1gqm8qos7d8v5

• Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I just wish they’d dial his ice time down a bit. Let the guy develop. I feel like they are somewhat throwing him under the bus here 

Actually it's more like they are making Hughes keep pushing the bus with 4 flat tires

• Cheers 1