Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

What?

Players request trades all the time.

Laine? Dubois?

We are one of the worst teams in the league. Have the worst media. Have a losing environment.

Miller is in his prime, why waste it all on a losing team...

Yeah but, not the worst! 

We can't catch the Sabres!

Worst we can be is 30th!  Woohoo!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

kesler talked about how players dont like playing on losing teams, and how its not easy breaking from a slump when you got media and fans like ours. look at miller he is not a happy dude

thats ok  im ok with trading grumpy pants miller for a grade a prospect and a 1st  plus it clears 5.25 mill in cap.  Id do the same with horvat  get another grade a prospect and a 1st and free up another 5 mill. Let seattle takemyers as as a cap  dump and bury eriksson in utica til he retires 

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Come on Buddy... are you really saying Highmore has done anything in Van???

Or Vesey.

Or Hawryluk.

Or Graovac.

Or Michaelis.

Or Boyd.

None of these pickups or trades are even close to contributing what Gaudette could.

If Gaudette was given chances on the 2nd line like Highmore, he'd have a lot more points this year with the 'Nucks.

gaudette never earned his way there, that is all.he did more harm than good. gaudette will be back to his slumping ways in no time. i guarantee it.

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

And he had a good fun season last year. One bad year doesnt make a team, it happens. Especially without petey around. Hes still signed for 2 more years and I highly doubt he wants to go anywhere. 

I love Miller but he's the one player I could see doing that on this team. I don't see this team going anywhere in the next few years even with Petey coming back, still a long ways to go. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

wouldnt mind moving on but dont really dislike him either.

Just imagine if Petey and Hughes didn't fall into his lap at the drafts.

I didn't live though Mike Keenan era, but to me this is the most inept & messy front office ever in Canucks history. Yes the problem starts at the ownership but this regime has just too many facepalm moments to be left alone.

• Upvote 1

Officially no longer in control of our playoff destiny now. A 10-0 record will get us a bit short of where Montreal is at now. Montreal would have to start playing worse along with a perfect record from us to get us in.

For anyone too thick to realize--obviously I'm just doing the calculations for fun, I don't think there's a realistic chance we make it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

How exactly would we lose miller?

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Request a trade

I've been thinking Miller and some others might leave via Ufa or ask for trade from this gong show..

I think even Edler might move on and sign with a different club.  

We have a very long ways to go...  its not easy getting a top level 3C let alone an entire bottom 6 and 1 or 2 more top 6 ... plus significantly improve the D..

This team is so slow compared to the competition. Next season they'll be playing Colorado Vegas in their division.. those teams will dominate this team...

It will still take several years to build this team up.. and that's if everything goes perfectly and we get lots of luck in draft trades and sign great cap friendly UFAs...

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

That would be something, 1st over all pick....

The Sedins were legit #1 & #2 ranked in that draft.  Burke just made an agreement with Atlanta (among other teams) so they wouldn't be taken at number one spot.

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

thats ok  im ok with trading grumpy pants miller for a grade a prospect and a 1st  plus it clears 5.25 mill in cap.  Id do the same with horvat  get another grade a prospect and a 1st and free up another 5 mill. Let seattle takemyers as as a cap  dump and bury eriksson in utica til he retires 

Here's the thing....you get "a prospect" but the "grade A" part isn't so easy to come by.    People get hung up on prospects like they're golden tickets.

Grumpy pants = doesn't like to lose and that's ok by me.   

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Officially no longer in control of our playoff destiny now. A 10-0 record will get us a bit short of where Montreal is at now. Montreal would have to start playing worse along with a perfect record from us to get us in.

For anyone too thick to realize--obviously I'm just doing the calculations for fun, I don't think there's a realistic chance we make it.

You don't feel it in your bones like that other weirdo does? 

• Haha 1