The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If they leave him unprotected its almost guaranteed Seattle will take him imo. He looks like an every day nhl dman now. Still needs work of course.

We will find out very soon what the plan is for Juolevi and whether or not him not playing is because he isnt in the plans. If Edler is re-signed before the expansion draft its likely Juolevi will be exposed or traded.

Edit: I should note, my personal feeling is that would be a colossal mistake by the Canucks.

Yeah, good chance an older Edler will be resign cause he checks the very important nostalgic & great intangibles boxes; and a still - mostly - unknown OJ will either be somewhere else or continue to be a question mark for the team.

Perhaps a different coaching staff will be the x factor the d core needs to be different crew next year but Iam not confident with this group (which will be older) can do any better; although, I am very excited about the young guns.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

15 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If they leave him unprotected its almost guaranteed Seattle will take him imo. He looks like an every day nhl dman now. Still needs work of course.

We will find out very soon what the plan is for Juolevi and whether or not him not playing is because he isnt in the plans. If Edler is re-signed before the expansion draft its likely Juolevi will be exposed or traded.

Edit: I should note, my personal feeling is that would be a colossal mistake by the Canucks.

Edler won’t be resigned. He won’t be protected. He will finish-up his career as a Canuck or retire.

If he comes back, Edler’s contract will be for less & for a single season at a time. He may even return mid-season like some other cagey veterans have done - to be part of the team’s defensive play-off depth, yet not wear himself-out over a full season’s campaign to get there.  

Edited by viking mama

7 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Time to fire green this shows how stupid he is get your player out there to get a hat trick but no Green is a @ss hat.

Some parts of his coaching seem so petty and arrogant. 

A good coach would look after his players. 

One of OUR so called media guys/writers is already showing his true Maple Leaf boxers by suggesting that the Canucks can learn some things from the Leafs.  I'm not sure I want them to and I told him why:

image.png

You ain't there yet, buddy.  But sure, give us a free copy of your book:  "How To Not Win The Cup Every Year".   Chapter One:  Planning The Parade Months In Advance.

Why do we care about a Leaf homer's opinion again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1