The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeah the other thing to mention is that if he ends up on LTIR the contract will probably not be insurable as the injury history will already be known and with an artificial disc replacement no insurance company will touch that contract.  So even conditional picks are risky because Eichel could end up on LTIR 2-3 years from now and the owner that traded for him will have to pay $20-30 million of his salary while he's not even playing.

this thing is just going to get uglier and uglier. Maybe the best thing here is mutual termination. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Eichel is owed $50 million. He will never agree to terminate that contract. It’s most likely his last deal.  

He would make most if not all back. Golden hanfcuffs i guess tho.

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Guess not. Would u accept low assets for petey? 

Petey doesn’t have neck degeneration and is not waiting for an artificial disc replacement. I mean that is something you do in your 40’s or 50’s.  Eichel is only 24. His career may be in jeopardy. 

At this point I’m thinking Eichel may have negative value. Good luck to Buffalo getting anything at all for a guy who’s owed $50 million and already needs an artificial disc to put into his neck.  Derek Dorsett had to retire with a similar injury. 

• RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Sounds like Jack might have something to say and he’s getting ready to step up to the microphone…

I wonder if he's going to just go get the surgery on his own. I mean no one can really stop him, its not like Buffalo's GM is going to be in the room. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if he's going to just go get the surgery on his own. I mean no one can really stop him, its not like Buffalo's GM is going to be in the room. 

That might void his contract, or at least it might in buffalos opinion. 

I can only imagine the poopy storm should he get unsuccessful surgery, from doctors not sanctioned by the sabres. Yeah it is Eichels body and life, but you sign the line you are under some control as an asset.