The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

5 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Minnesota will be in tough for expansion.  They have NMCs to protect. Dumba or Eriksson Ek could be available

Rick Dhaliwal tweeted.

Jim Benning: We will explore trades, free agency, and buyouts this off-season. Want speed a skill top 6/9 to help with the scoring.

I know he was interested in Reinhart before so I’m thinking he trades our 1rst with Eriksson to Buffalo for Reinhart. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Rick Dhaliwal tweeted.

Jim Benning: We will explore trades, free agency, and buyouts this off-season. Want speed a skill top 6/9 to help with the scoring.

I know he was interested in Reinhart before so I’m thinking he trades our 1rst with Eriksson to Buffalo for Reinhart. 

I just dont get the feeling personally the well trade that 1st.  I think there’ll be a player worth drafting.  

I have heard rumours of Miller wanting a change of scenery.... if it’s to a contender.  Can’t blame him with where he’s at in his career.  I do think this is where we could take advantage of the expansion draft.  

Edited by 70seven
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I just dont get the feeling personally the well trade that 1st.  I think there’ll be a player worth drafting.  

I have heard rumours of Miller wanting a change of scenery.... if it’s to a contender.  Can’t blame him with where he’s at in his career.  I do think this is where we could take advantage of the expansion draft.  Dealing Miller back to TB is what I’m thinking. 

Those rumours have already been debunked by Friedman.

Miller wants to be here.

15 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Rick Dhaliwal tweeted.

I think thats possible, which is why I was suggesting the offer sheet route above. @BPA pointed out it would effect the next two drafts but maybe thats OK.

Your idea is cleaner and simpler. But if Buffalo doesn't go for it, if we can move Loui to NJ by dropping down in the draft we still have the threat of an offer sheet, which I think Sammy does sign.

Edited by Jimmy McGill

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats possible, which is why I was suggesting the offer sheet route above. @BPA pointed out it would effect the next two drafts but maybe thats OK.

Your idea is cleaner and simpler. 

I just don’t feel like the Canucks will be in on any big fish....  Reinhart is a top line talent imo.  I think the likes of Kerfoot is the level of player we’ll see targeted, but just my opinion. 

Edited by 70seven

1 minute ago, 70seven said:

I just don’t feel like the Canucks will be in on any big fish....  Reinhart is a top line talent imo.  I think the likes of Kerfoot is the level of player we’ll see targeted, but just my opinion. 

outside of Sammy thats probably true, but he's an interesting case. I just can't see him doing anything but going to arbitration and getting a 1 year deal and then walking from Buffalo. He's as good as gone as soon as he can walk.

I do think moving Loui to NJ is an easier sell than to Buffalo, thanks to that Skinner contract. 

Just now, 70seven said:

I’ve also heard Eriksson may retire after collecting last bonus....  freeing up his cap hit. 

no sadly that was a faked tweet. Loui apparently wants to keep "playing" for lack of a better word. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no sadly that was a faked tweet. Loui apparently wants to keep "playing" for lack of a better word. 

Yeah...people who use other's pic/name to tweet stuff really should reconsider.  It seems so wrong and impersonating someone else just isn't funny anymore.  Maybe the first time someone did it on Twitter...but it's annoying more than anything.  I almost fell for that one too.  Now I always check the @ 

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I don’t read Twitter, but I do have a few actual sources (relatives of a current nhl GM).

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Problem is, some actual hockey people fall for this stuff.  McGuire was reporting on a fake tweet recently and this stuff gets passed around.

Everyone likes to believe the gossip lol. 

• Vintage 1

Does Eriksson really want to toil away in the AHL for a season? I can’t see it at his age and with the money he’s already made.

If he thinks another nhl team is gonna give him a shot he needs a serious dose of reality.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, DeNiro said:

Does Eriksson really want to toil away in the AHL for a season? I can’t see it at his age and with the money he’s already made.

If he thinks another nhl team is gonna give him a $&!# he needs a serious dose of reality.

The downside of having a team in Abbotsford is will he mind playing in the minors for one year? Utica was more of a demotion. 

18 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Minnesota will be in tough for expansion.  They have NMCs to protect. Dumba or Eriksson Ek could be available

Not really.  The Wild will ask players to waive per LeBrun but if they don’t it doesn’t look to be that much of an issue.  The Wild are seeing in this series how dumb they were last time around.  The players they were so scared of losing aren’t even with the team anymore and they certainly regret not having Tuch.

Eriksson Ek is for sure protected.  He’s been one of their most impactful players and Guerin has made it clear he is not available.

With the signing of Hartman and Foligno it feels likely that they will go 7F.  They don’t even need to ask their NMCs to waive.  If Parise waives they can protect 4th liner Sturm instead of him but really not that big of a deal. 

If they pick Dumba it would allow them to clear cap space.  He had little trade value last off-season so not even sure they will need to ask Suter to waive.  The bet is they will take one of Dumba or Soucy but they will still have the other.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If he thinks another nhl team is gonna give him a $&!# he needs a serious dose of reality.

I’m looking forward to going to games in Abby. I don’t want to have to watch him play but dammit I’ll do if it keeps him away from the Canucks. 

Offer him the same retirement/job as Roberto got in Florida and name him a special advisor. Nothing says you have to take his advice.

39 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’m looking forward to going to games in Abby. I don’t want to have to watch him play but dammit I’ll do if it keeps him away from the Canucks. 

Offer him the same retirement/job as Roberto got in Florida and name him a special advisor. Nothing says you have to take his advice.

Luongo is getting paid at market value for his position.  The CBA considers cap circumvention if they agree on post retirement compensation to make up for lost salary.  It can result in cap penalties and/or the loss of draft picks.