The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Positives of the Season

Rate this topic

Apricot

The emergence of Hoglander and now Rathbone is money in the bank. We can get away with some cap issues with thee two guys on ELCs.

Juolevi does look good enough for the bottom pairing. Given all his injuries thats pretty good and he'll just get better.

I really liked how Lockwood moved on the ice, maybe we have yet another kid to fill a spot.

We're going to have a very young, very fun team to watch next year. 

• Like 2

Demko being a proper no 1 as well as  Hoglander showing he belongs...

next season hopefully Podz showing his stuff as well. 

And the fact the team didn’t run in to a series of injuries during this crazy schedule. 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1) Demko -- both play and new contract

2) Hog -- looking like a top 6 player

3) Boeser -- Shot is back, played healthy

4) Rathbone -- looking legit.

5) Petey and Hughes playing themselves into affordable bridge deals?  (too soon?)

Edited by dm_ranger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hughes coming out of his very stinky early season funk.

It still wasn't an amazing season overall, but it was a nice sign to see him dig himself out.

41 in 56 for a 20 YO D-man with not too much offensive help in an "not amazing year" is of course nothing to sneeze at.

I hope a proper off-season and a relatively "normal" season next year will be the right environment for him to round out his game.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Apricot said:

So we all know how much of a dumpster fire this season was, how much pain it has caused us and with the off-season pretty much scaring everybody, lets do something fun! I want everyone to tell me a good thing that came out of this season. Its good to focus on the positives, and maybe this thread will make you feel 99% sad instead of 100%. I'll start! 

Nils Höglander! This kid had a great season. He’s an absolute monster, he has a great shot, always gives it his all every game, and he's only gonna get better. He's going be an absolute great top 6 forward for us for a very very long time, and I'm very excited about it. 

I’m only gonna post one so others can post different ones :)

Leggo! Post your positives, no negativity allowed. 

Positives: Rathbone, Demko, Hoglander, Boeser, Podkolzin and 9th pick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

It still wasn't an amazing season overall, but it was a nice sign to see him dig himself out.

41 in 56 for a 20 YO D-man with not too much offensive help in an "not amazing year" is of course nothing to sneeze at.

I hope a proper off-season and a relatively "normal" season next year will be the right environment to round out his game.

put Hughes next to Mcdavid and Leon and he would have 80 pts this season. We missed Petersson for half the season and the other half Petersson wasnt that good. So Hughes had Boeser, Miller and Horvat as the only offensive options lol

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Demko being a proper no 1 as well as  Hoglander showing he belongs...

next season hopefully Podz showing his stuff as well. 

And the fact the team didn’t run in to a series of injuries during this crazy schedule

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

1) Demko -- both play and new contract

2) Hog -- looking like a top 6 player

3) Boeser -- Shot is back, played healthy

4) Rathbone -- looking legit.

5) Petey and Hughes playing themselves into affordable bridge deals?  (too soon?)

I agree with all your points here.  Especially 5.  I think both get 3x5.5-6, which is far better than the 8 I thought they would going into the season.

11 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I hope a proper off-season and a relatively "normal" season next year will be the right environment for him to round out his game.

Nobody will ever question his offensive ability, but he has got to get dramatically better defensively.  

We will not win playing him 22-23 mins per game if he does not get better defensively.  

38 minutes ago, Apricot said:

So we all know how much of a dumpster fire this season was, how much pain it has caused us and with the off-season pretty much scaring everybody, lets do something fun! I want everyone to tell me a good thing that came out of this season. Its good to focus on the positives, and maybe this thread will make you feel 99% sad instead of 100%. I'll start! 

Nils Höglander! This kid had a great season. He’s an absolute monster, he has a great shot, always gives it his all every game, and he's only gonna get better. He's going be an absolute great top 6 forward for us for a very very long time, and I'm very excited about it. 

I’m only gonna post one so others can post different ones :)

Leggo! Post your positives, no negativity allowed. 

definitely +1 to the Hoggie perhaps in a regular season he may have been a calder candidate ...and another promising sign is OJ....and Rathbone....fingers crossed for both of them

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1