The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Well there it is.  Obviously Green is back.

Not my wish.  Oh well.

Hopefully they change out the assistant coaches cuz keeping Brown and Baumer is just rewarding failure and would be unfortunate.

Hope Clark returns but I think he may choose to take  a big payday in someplace like Toronto. Hope not.

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

This is fantastic 

I assume Benning Bros support our GM and  The Bitter don't? Twitter is weird. 

Who is Nav? 

I'm not going to 72nd and Scott road to celebrate if we win the cup! that's silly. Downtown...outside the arena with all the fans from the game, yelling so loud that the players can hear us. Because when we win, it will be at home in our building. It will be glorious, the city will party all night. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I assume Benning Bros support our GM and  The Bitter don't? Twitter is weird. 

Who is Nav? 

I'm not going to 72nd and Scott road to celebrate if we win the cup! that's silly. Downtown...outside the arena with all the fans from the game, yelling so loud that the players can hear us. Because when we win, it will be at home in our building. It will be glorious, the city will party all night. 

Honestly man I have no idea who he is. I’m new to Twitter. Unfortunately... the point Nav was getting at is we can all cheer in the streets together when TO gets knocked out first round. 

• Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't get why people think this should be such a big focus?

The plan is clearly to build, sustainably through the draft, as we have been, not via UFA's. More and more spots will be filled internally through organizational depth (and trades), not UFA's.

Any UFA's will largely be to fill support roles/holes.

No team wins the cup with only parts they draft in the salary cap age. We need a few decent UFA’s who not only want to be here but contribute.

That and while we build through the draft we need to keep that group together ( those players need to want to sign bridge deals to help the team ).

Teams in the cap age don’t get to draft high picks for 10 years and keep that group together .... as they grow it forces teams to trade some players they would rather keep but in order to afford the top stars some thought decisions are made

UFA ‘s are not just support roles and to fill holes. Maybe pre cap but not now in my opinion 

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Honestly man I have no idea who he is. I’m new to Twitter. Unfortunately... the point Nav was getting at is we can all cheer in the streets together when TO gets knocked out first round. 

Ok, I'll high five him for that I suppose. As long as he has had his vac shot.

I like his call for unity. But maybe he should just tell the Bitter ones to suck it up and realise our path to greatness is at hand.

I'm still not going out to Scott road.

So I've been checking out this thread since shortly after VC created it and watching, with great amusement I might add, the meltdowns people are having over this news.

Now I have very much been a part of team fire Green for a couple of seasons now but I have recently warmed up to the idea of keeping him in a short term, show me what you can do with different assistants kind of capacity. Like so many others here I agree it's basically a must that Clark stays but if he chooses to leave thats his prerogative and I'll wish him all the best. But I have firmly wanted Baumer and Brown gone. 

Like so many other people voicing opinions on here, I have grown tired of our PP but after seeing many other posters voicing support for Brown and the PP I decided to go back and check out what the numbers say since Brown was brought in as special teams coach in 2017-18 and what I found really surprised me and leads me to believe that this season was much more of an abberation.

Since 2017-18 our PP has scored 180 goals (8th most in the league) in 889 PP's (12th most opportunities) for a 20.25% on the PP which is 14th in the league over that time. These numbers are much better than I expected and although I still can't stand our defensive systems this review of the numbers has convinced me the Brown is deserving of an extension and the PP isnt as bad as it looks. 

Bonus Content: Other interesting tidbits from compiling these numbers are since 2017-18 TB has scored the most PP goals with 229, COL has had the most PP's with 1,030 and the absolute worst PP in the league belongs to ANA with 112/733 for 15.28% all three of those numbers are the lowest in the league in their respective categories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So at the end of the day the only coach that won't be with us again next season is the one that actually managed to do his job properly?

Fantastic.

Looks like it.