The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks sign Travis Green to contract extension

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think we need more intimidation factor in our own end. I think that Rathbone will help get the puck out faster, and Juolevi also has demonstrated a really good first pass, but I think we need someone who can really hammer people in front of the next and put a little fear into them.

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers does it decently enough, and Hamonic is no slouch, but yeah, a larger and more aggressive defenseman is a necessity to insulate the youth 

Especially in the playoffs. Myers and Edler both stepped up last playoffs in the toughness department and we’ll need someone to fill that role moving forward.

Players like Josh Manson or Jamie Oleksiak would be a good fit.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, iwtl said:

It is what it is..I just hope we don't see any key players letting it be known they would welcome a trade.

Something is clearly broken and I had hoped.they would ateast acknowledge that and provide a road  map going forward of how they will address that.

I get it for drafting the core of this team Benning gets a pass on some bad Ufa deals ( the good outweighs the bad)..if no changes at all are made.the only thing we can assume is the fault is placed on.the cap crunch from a.fee.bad signings.and until those contracts clear.so we can afford decent Ufa signings .... this is what we have..top 10 this year and likely next year again  before it turns around then 

I don't get why people think this should be such a big focus?

The plan is clearly to build, sustainably through the draft, as we have been, not via UFA's. More and more spots will be filled internally through organizational depth (and trades), not UFA's.

Any UFA's will largely be to fill support roles/holes.

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Didn’t read through the last few pages of the thread to check if it had been posted but Friedman was on 650 talking about the coaching staff. It sounds like if Clarke leaves it’ll be because it’s what he wanted. 

Keep trying to communicate this. Doesn't matter how badly the Canucks may want him back, if he sees a young goalie elsewhere he wants to work with...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Well I'm gonna open that expensive bottle of wine I've been saving and really enjoy every drop of it in a nice candle lit bubble bath. After its gone I'm place the toaster in the TUB!!!!!! F THIS!! Green and his assistants are the worst. Woohoo for unwatchable hockey next season. Bye world bye cdc bye my goldfish 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tas said:

how much better than 4th best do they need to be to not "suck" in your opinion?

4th best what?

Vancouver's Power Play for 20-21 was one of the worst in the league. 25th/31

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

This isn't hf, that's not a hot take. I'd say the majority here does.

Agreed. I think he’s a good coach. Happy to see him stay. Only thing I don’t like about Green are his assistant coaches. I think Green has done a good job with what he’s been given.