The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reflections from the newest developments

Rate this topic

Dazzle

The only thing I’m surprised about is the enthusiasm after Jim said he was looking to acquire veteran scoring. I swear to god I’ve never seen a group of people with such debilitating memory loss. Miller is the only value scoring he has acquired. Everyone else is completely upside down in mortgage. The fact that he is even talking about such change indicates maximum desperation this summer which will result in maximum damage. He has no organizational surplus to exchange for a need. This will be a hacking a piece off the core off and trying to speed up the organic progression of that core piece by replacing it with a 28 year old who has 3 good years left. May god have mercy on the Vancouver Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Its a legit question though. I am curious why being a critic makes me less of a fan.

being a fan takes faith. being a critic is borne of skepticism. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, tas said:

being a fan takes faith. being a critic is borne of skepticism. 

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Having faith and having skepticism arent mutually exclusive though. And blind faith isnt what makes a fan. Giving a $&!# about the team is what makes a fan.

**********************POST OF THE MONTH*******************

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

The only thing I’m surprised about is the enthusiasm after Jim said he was looking to acquire veteran scoring. I swear to god I’ve never seen a group of people with such debilitating memory loss. Miller is the only value scoring he has acquired. Everyone else is completely upside down in mortgage. The fact that he is even talking about such change indicates maximum desperation this summer which will result in maximum damage. He has no organizational surplus to exchange for a need. This will be a hacking a piece off the core off and trying to speed up the organic progression of that core piece by replacing it with a 28 year old who has 3 good years left. May god have mercy on the Vancouver Canucks. 

Desperation is the key word. That's the goal mandated by ownership. You can't achieve that with incoming youth. JB must make the play-offs or his a$$ is grass. This coming season is a short term reprieve. So JB will be looking for instant improvement, he can only do that by buying out all his past errors and giving himself room to acquire a goal scoring vet. As Wallstreetamigo pointed out JB may well trade  his 1st round pick, don't be surprised. He may clear cap space but has nothing to make a trade with, no assets. 

Edited by Fred65

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

**********************POST OF THE MONTH*******************

You might be the only one who thinks so but I do appreciate the support haha

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Desperation is the key word. That's the goal mandated by ownership. You can't achieve that with incoming youth. JB must make the play-offs or his a$$ is grass. This coming season is a short term reprieve. So JB will be looking for instant improvement, he can only do that by buying out all his past errors and giving himself room to acquire a goal scoring vet. As Wallstreetamigo pointed out JB may well trade  his 1st round pick, don't be surprised. He may clear cap space but has nothing to make a trade with, no assets. 

Yeah, a team only has two ways to improve more rostering tweaking or change of strategy through a coaching change.  We all got the answer from the presser and with Greens re signing - more roster tweaking for cheaper & unknown lottery tickets (which the team has limited to supply due to past moves).

Aggressive seems to really mean DESPERATION !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good take - is the lecture over ?

Haha ya

I dont like being told I am not a fan because I dont automatically think everything Benning does is perfect.

I was a fan before Benning defected from Boston to come here and I will be a fan long after he is gone. Well, hopefully i will still be around then.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I have no doubt that in roughly a year from now the press conference will be conducted by FA. He will be explaining what he is looking for in his next GM. Only one more year. I can handle one more. Even though it’s going to probably basically restart the rebuild. 

We all favour our players, I do too. But even with the pieces we have here now, it’s not enough. We don’t have enough to be a Stanley cup contender. We still need a more. This aggressive step is the same mistake the flames made. 

• Cheers 1

@wallstreetamigo my blind faith in the organization led me to my deepest skepticism.  

I'm really conflicted as a fan, I love the team, I like some of the players, I like Ian Clark,  but yet I don't like the direction it's going. 

Talking about character players in the organization, like how the hell do you miss all the red flags with virtanen. 

22 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

I have no doubt that in roughly a year from now the press conference will be conducted by FA. He will be explaining what he is looking for in his next GM. Only one more year. I can handle one more. Even though it’s going to probably basically restart the rebuild. 

We all favour our players, I do too. But even with the pieces we have here now, it’s not enough. We don’t have enough to be a Stanley cup contender. We still need a more. This aggressive step is the same mistake the flames made. 

Ditto but I wonder what influences Aquamans decisions - season ticket holders = $ ?