The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

2 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Nothing but great news,how much?:bigblush:

It looks to me  like it will be $925,000

All NHL entry level contracts are age based and all are automatically “two-way” contracts. Players younger than 25 years of age as of September 15th of their first NHL contract must sign an ELC which have set limitations.

Definitions are as follows:

• Two-Way Contract – the players salary is dependent on the league in which the player is assigned to play. The entry level NHL maximum  salary is $925,000 and AHL maximum salary is $70,000
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It looks to me  like it will be $925,000

All NHL entry level contracts are age based and all are automatically “two-way” contracts. Players younger than 25 years of age as of September 15th of their first NHL contract must sign an ELC which have set limitations.

Definitions are as follows:

• Two-Way Contract – the players salary is dependent on the league in which the player is assigned to play. The entry level NHL maximum  salary is $925,000 and AHL maximum salary is $70,000

Yea he’ll probly get Max,was hoping for less lol we need cap

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I've actually loved the idea of bringing in Armia. I like Granlund too as he can play all three forward positions sufficiently.

Granlund - Petey - Boeser

Hoglander - Miller - Armia

Pearson - Horvat - Podkolzin

Motte - Beagle - Highmore

THAT is a forward group I can get behind.

That first line is going to need someone to do the dirty work along the boards and dig the puck out for the other two. Horvat doesn't need Podz with him nearly as much as Petey does.  Switch Podz with Granlund, then you have three effective lines.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

That first line is going to need someone to do the dirty work along the boards and dig the puck out for the other two. Horvat doesn't need Podz with him nearly as much as Petey does.  Switch Podz with Granlund, then you have three effective lines.

Would rather sign Brandon Saad.

Saad Pettersson Boeser

3 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I've actually loved the idea of bringing in Armia. I like Granlund too as he can play all three forward positions sufficiently.

Granlund - Petey - Boeser

Hoglander - Miller - Armia

Pearson - Horvat - Podkolzin

Motte - Beagle - Highmore

THAT is a forward group I can get behind.

Yes?

But I am not convinced Miller is a better center than Horvat! 

And we def cannot afford Granlund & Petey's new contract. I have no idea what Armia costs. All in good spirit.  Its fun to dream.

And welcome Podkolzin regardless! :towel:

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Penciling Podz in to play with Petey and Boeser is a ton of pressure and quite the leap of faith...

I know we've been treated to some excellent young kids performing but it'd be far more beneficial for us to have Podz protected put into a role where he can focus on building his NHL game rather than the need to dump him in the deep end and score.

Miller - Petey - Boeser -- Lotto line

Pearson - Horvat - Hogslander -- Shutdown line

Motte - [Reinhart] - Podkolzin -- Protected Scoring line

Highmore - Sutter - ??? -- Energy / Checking line

My dream would be to get Reinhart out of Buffalo... I'd probably do a conditional 2022 // 2023 first pick and a prospect like Woo for him mainly because I think we could sign him for 6/6 or something reasonable. He can play Center or Wing, is young enough to hit some good years with this core group.

An alternative would be to sign UFA Alex Wennberg which likely would be a cheaper option.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Roberts said:

the depth!! :frantic:

add in Palmieri and imagine if Benning had kept toffoli :frantic:

Podkolzin-petterson-Boeser

Hoglander-Miller- Palmieri

Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli

Motte-Graovac-Highmore/Gadjovic

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Signing Podkolzin is a good thing.  It was to be expected but still should be celebrated as a big win for this organization to be able to bring in a 6'2" 215 pound power forward who can make an immediate impact similar to Hoglander. 

192-193cm  If your believe SKA rosters. Puts him at 6'4" 215 .... Linden 2.0.   Hope that's the case.    He's a gamer either way but wow we could use a puck hound that is that big in our forward group with elite skills.     Scouts keep saying his game is made for North American ice - also hope that's the case.   Hogs has turned out great for us.   If Podz also comes in and plays like he's ranked...let's just say our forward group is set for years now. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, goblix said:

Penciling Podz in to play with Petey and Boeser is a ton of pressure and quite the leap of faith...

I know we've been treated to some excellent young kids performing but it'd be far more beneficial for us to have Podz protected put into a role where he can focus on building his NHL game rather than the need to dump him in the deep end and score.

Miller - Petey - Boeser -- Lotto line

Pearson - Horvat - Hogslander -- Shutdown line

Motte - [Reinhart] - Podkolzin -- Protected Scoring line

Highmore - Sutter - ??? -- Energy / Checking line

My dream would be to get Reinhart out of Buffalo... I'd probably do a conditional 2022 // 2023 first pick and a prospect like Woo for him mainly because I think we could sign him for 6/6 or something reasonable. He can play Center or Wing, is young enough to hit some good years with this core group.

An alternative would be to sign UFA Alex Wennberg which likely would be a cheaper option.

BB came in at 22 best prospect in the world his rookie year.   EP came in at number one.  QHs at 10.  Podz anywhere from 10-18th right now.   There is nothing in the way from him also getting "pencilled in" as a top six forward, it's what is actually expected. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1