The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

London, Ont family of 4 killed by driver who targeted them because they were Muslim

RUPERTKBD

As far as im concerned, anyone who commits murder has forfeited their right to live. 3 hots and a cot for life, regular sexy time, occasional recreational drugs. 

I dont see the point of trying to rehabilitate someone who eg. eats people and takes their faces. Quick injection, and we magically come up with tens of thousands of dollars that could be used for mental health research. 

Seriously, after a 30 year sentence and a serial murder rampage, is the person gonna flip burgers? Become a nurse? Cure cancer? 

Its not even about the immense waste of time and money. I would consider it a deterrent for pussy murders like the one in question. I doubt this coward would have even sped up his truck if he thought there was any chance he would die from it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

As far as im concerned, anyone who commits murder has forfeited their right to live. 3 hots and a cot for life, regular sexy time, occasional recreational drugs. 

I dont see the point of trying to rehabilitate someone who eg. eats people and takes their faces. Quick injection, and we magically come up with tens of thousands of dollars that could be used for mental health research. 

Seriously, after a 30 year sentence and a serial murder rampage, is the person gonna flip burgers? Become a nurse? Cure cancer? 

Its not even about the immense waste of time and money. I would consider it a deterrent for pussy murders like the one in question. I doubt this coward would have even sped up his truck if he thought there was any chance he would die from it. 

What a post…

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Nah, life sentence in solitary without parole sounds like a way harsher and arduous punishment than a quick death. 

Probably cheaper too. Heck definitely cheaper.

Also not to mention the fact that all prisoners hate child killers.  I’m pretty sure this crime on its own would piss off a lot of people in there. This guy will be a pillow muncher for years

10 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

While I don't disagree, we've seen too many cases from the US where innocent people were put on death row to be even considered. If you had 10 people in front of you and 9 of them were child killers and 1 was innocent and you didn't know which was which, can you pull the trigger? Because that's essentially what you may be doing as a member of a jury who convicts someone of doing this kind of thing.

Now if someone willingly admits to doing extremely bad things and wants their life to end then and there, I see nothing wrong with obliging the scum.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Capital crime rates did not change in Canada when we removed the death penalty. It offers no deterrence. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Capital crime rates did not change in Canada when we removed the death penalty. It offers no deterrence. 

Nor does it appear to make any difference in countries that have the death penalty...like the US...

I've said it before many times: Humans have repeatedly shown that they can't be trusted with the power of life and death.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

Terrible, sickening action from a misguided youth.

Heart goes out to the communities involved, poor kid could rise like a phoenix through this kinda bull....

Todays accessibility to data will help us understand the why and how, so we can then in turn ensure our future youth is guided correctly.

That way our future AI can disrupt this on going process within humanity.

Personally I hope its PPV, bets on Johnny 5.

As far as child killers getting justice in prison, I did some research on this few years back.

If I remember correctly, every year something like 1.9 prisoners in Canada are killed by other prisoners.

So prison justice is nothing but a myth, also death penalty is not a deterrent, but it does provide 0% chance of recidivism.

Just now, CBH1926 said:

As far as child killers getting justice in prison, I did some research on this few years back.

If I remember correctly, every year something like 1.9 prisoners in Canada are killed by other prisoners.

So prison justice is nothing but a myth, also death penalty is not a deterrent, but it does provide 0% chance of recidivism.

My friend is a Corrections Officer.

Pretty sure he mentioned child killers remain in protective custody, not in with general population. 

32 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

Terrible, sickening action from a misguided youth.

Heart goes out to the communities involved, poor kid could rise like a phoenix through this kinda bull....

Todays accessibility to data will help us understand the why and how, so we can then in turn ensure our future youth is guided correctly.

That way our future AI can disrupt this on going process within humanity.

Personally I hope its PPV, bets on Johnny 5.

Future AI won’t solve anything it is a problem in human nature.. people have been killing each other since the dawn of time nothing will change that fact.  

Only educating people and I mean future generations is the only way to stamp out racist and hateful ideology. 

I mean tools have been placed in society to deter such acts like religion or consequences like jail, but people still twist those meanings for their own free will. 

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Jesus, could Jagmeet be any more hysterical.

The new Green Party leader and him are pretty much up there in terms of hysteria and theatrics.... can't really take them serious. 

Too woke and leftist for my liking. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Police have found zero corroborating evidence in the murderer's (he's not a suspect, as it's obvious he did this) history to determine motive at this point. 

From a CBC article written by Kate Dubinski:

"Mike Arntfield, a former London police officer who's now an associate professor in criminology at Western University, says the case is unusual because people linked to such killings tend to leave "digital legacies" and a "trail of hatred online that clearly points to a certain disposition, a certain set of motivations or ideologies."

"This guy is a ghost," the criminologist said about the accused in the truck attack.

"Conventional Internet search engines reveal basically nothing [about him], other than this story." 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Police have found zero corroborating evidence in the murderer's (he's not a suspect, as it's obvious he did this) history to determine motive at this point. 

From a CBC article written by Kate Dubinski:

"Mike Arntfield, a former London police officer who's now an associate professor in criminology at Western University, says the case is unusual because people linked to such killings tend to leave "digital legacies" and a "trail of hatred online that clearly points to a certain disposition, a certain set of motivations or ideologies."

"This guy is a ghost," the criminologist said about the accused in the truck attack.

"Conventional Internet search engines reveal basically nothing [about him], other than this story." 

Dude must be sociopathic or maybe as far as psychotic. That’s the only reasonable explanation if this isn’t a supposed hate crime. I wonder if he even feels any sort of emotion for what he’s done. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

"Police have found zero corroborating evidence in the murderer's (he's not a suspect, as it's obvious he did this) history to determine motive at this point."

didn't stop them from saying this at first :

"

"We believe this was an intentional act and that the victims of this horrific incident were targeted," Chief Steve Williams told reporters during a news conference Monday afternoon.

"We believe the victims were targeted because of their Islamic faith."

Perhaps the Chief will be more careful with his words during any further press confeences.

23 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I mean tools have been placed in society to deter such acts like religion or consequences like jail, but people still twist those meanings for their own free will. 

Yeah, there is more blood spilled in the name of religion than anything else in modern history and the jail systems in most countries are a joke. I believe Norway has best result with their approach to incarceration.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/9/2021 at 6:10 PM, bishopshodan said:

Yeah, there is more blood spilled in the name of religion than anything else in modern history and the jail systems in most countries are a joke. I believe Norway has best result with their approach to incarceration.

I think land and territory have spilled way more blood. Religion is just a convenient cover for humanity's more mammalian tendencies. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think land and territory have spilled way more blood. Religion is just a convenient cover for humanity's more mammalian tendencies. 

I hear you, I thought about that. It's why I said 'modern' history. 

I mean, Genghis Khan took out 40 million people way back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hear you, I thought about that. It's why I said 'modern' history. 

I mean, Genghis Khan took out 40 million people way back. 

Up until the end of WW2 people were seen as nothing but cannon fodder for the elite or rulers.. 

It wasn't until the atrocities of WW2 that people started to finally realize how barbaric they were. 

Another reason was most western societies were purely testosterone driven. 

The places that are still testosterone driven you can see the strike differences between them and the modern West i.e. Middle East, Asia, etc..