The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tkachuk may want out of Calgary

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I would have been happy with Chychrun.   The year before was at or near the top of the draft ... injured slowed his start down but he's been an NHL player for awhile and look at him now.    OJ had the highest floor, and still could play 700-1000 games ... hope so. 

Jakob was the player I wanted badly that year. I had followed his career the year and a bit leading up to the draft and was convinced he was going to be the best player in the draft. Was shocked when he slid. At about pick 14 I started saying to my buddy Vancouver had to trade for another pick and take him. In recent years he is one of the 2 players I desperately wanted Vancouver to take, the other was Seider. Though admitedly that was a lucky guess, I don't think anyone knew he would be turning out this good. 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, IBatch said:

True.  For me at least, my Tkachuk hate goes back to us playing WNP all the time and their bully dad would only drop the gloves against ... wait for it ... the fearsome Dana Murzyn, who just hung on and threw maybe 2-3 punches, a little better then Edler lol.    Never dropped them against our better fighters, a total dickwad.    Think there was one game he fought Murzyn three times, maybe one of them was Momesso but still hate him.    Now i get to at least laugh at his whale physique at the draft.   Big fat pig.   That said i like BT, and would welcome him anytime.   MT is like his dad except he's got zero backup.   Just a better player then Cooke.   Acts like him.   As for Kesler and Burrows, they weren't that bad. 

Respect to anyone who instigated a fight at their own wedding.

Spectacular gentlemanery.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Jakob was the player I wanted badly that year. I had followed his career the year and a bit leading up to the draft and was convinced he was going to be the best player in the draft. Was shocked when he slid. At about pick 14 I started saying to my buddy Vancouver had to trade for another pick and take him. In recent years he is one of the 2 players I desperately wanted Vancouver to take, the other was Seider. Though admitedly that was a lucky guess, I don't think anyone knew he would be turning out this good. 

Cychryun...like his Dad a big dude.   I have a picture of his pa fighting Probert one big dude (6'5").... Anyways he slid out of most top tens because that draft was sick.    OJ was ranked higher by draft day, above Sergachev too at least according to THN and ISS so get JB going with who enough  lists had the best D in the draft, also voted as WJs top D as a first year guy which is no small thing.   I do think the WJs hype tends to muddy the waters with a lot of players though and this for sure was the case for OJ who moved up into the top ten as result.   All three where neck and neck, we choose the wrong one, bad luck with injuries too.   Sedier lol, only Yzerman knew he'd be that good apparently, most had him well below Broberg in the low 20's, probably the biggest risk reward pick i've seen the last five years.   MTL passed on a lot of great prospects  to get their too many vowels, thanks to them it helped us.   So did Seider pick really.   Det had to take Zadina ... we got QHs and Podz as a result of teams going off board.   The board is never right though either. 

Edited by IBatch

42 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I saw a lot to like about him this year, but peeps gonna nitpick around here. Given all he's been through with injuries I still think we have a good player on our hands. 

IF OJ works out as a dependable Tanev type with a little more offense ... and plays 1000 games, we should all get on our knees and bow to JB crystal ball.   MT would have come in, scored 20 plus goals and screwed us possibly getting EP, and for sure screwed us on getting QHs.    He's still a rookie next season, his games count towards Calder votes.   Wouldn't that be something if he scored 35 points and was plus 20.   He plays a safe game, sure a limited sample size, but didn't he lead our D this year in plus minus?    JB haters will have to really stick to the TT dialogues to keep up the angst.   Watch him break a leg and be out for the duration of his contract.   Or just go back to his normal career production ... lol.  Oh yeah and in this fantasy, Rathbone and Podz are the other finalists for the Calder.    

Joking aside, i for one, am still looking forward to more OJ.    If we go with QHs and Rathbone and no Edler, we are going to need his best game for sure on the left side.  

• Vintage 2

to CGY: Tarasenko

to STL:  Tkachuk

“I’m hearing more on the end that he wants to be, he wants to play in St. Louis, his hometown, and I just think the time is for a change in Calgary.

Is it going to happen? I don’t know but I just heard some rumblings that it could be a Tkachuk for Tarasenko thing, and that’s in the silly season as you call it Koul’s.”

Kouleas – so you’re hearing those two names, and the contracts match. Tkuchuk is younger and I think the Blues would have to give up something else too. Questions about Tarasenko’s shoulder.

Koulas continues:

“I’d ask for Jordan Kyrou, right. Of course they could ask for Parayko. I guess Parayko and Vladdy gets it done. I don’t know if that’s fair for not. Given a choice I’d want Tkachuk to be my captain and everything else.

So, he wants to go back to St. Louis. Well, well, well. That’s a big motza ball you threw out there my friend.”

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

to CGY: Tarasenko

to STL:  Tkachuk

“I’m hearing more on the end that he wants to be, he wants to play in St. Louis, his hometown, and I just think the time is for a change in Calgary.

Is it going to happen? I don’t know but I just heard some rumblings that it could be a Tkachuk for Tarasenko thing, and that’s in the silly season as you call it Koul’s.”

Kouleas – so you’re hearing those two names, and the contracts match. Tkuchuk is younger and I think the Blues would have to give up something else too. Questions about Tarasenko’s shoulder.

Koulas continues:

“I’d ask for Jordan Kyrou, right. Of course they could ask for Parayko. I guess Parayko and Vladdy gets it done. I don’t know if that’s fair for not. Given a choice I’d want Tkachuk to be my captain and everything else.

So, he wants to go back to St. Louis. Well, well, well. That’s a big motza ball you threw out there my friend.”

Parayko and Tarasenko for Tkachuk? That's a huge overpayment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

MT can play, but he does something bad to a locker room.  

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Unfortunately for Calgary someone shoved that apple up a horses ass first.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Cychryun...like his Dad a big dude.   I have a picture of his pa fighting Probert one big dude (6'5").... Anyways he slid out of most top tens because that draft was sick.    OJ was ranked higher by draft day, above Sergachev too at least according to THN and ISS so get JB going with who enough  lists had the best D in the draft, also voted as WJs top D as a first year guy which is no small thing.   I do think the WJs hype tends to muddy the waters with a lot of players though and this for sure was the case for OJ who moved up into the top ten as result.   All three where neck and neck, we choose the wrong one, bad luck with injuries too.   Sedier lol, only Yzerman knew he'd be that good apparently, most had him well below Broberg in the low 20's, probably the biggest risk reward pick i've seen the last five years.   MTL passed on a lot of great prospects  to get their too many vowels, thanks to them it helped us.   So did Seider pick really.   Det had to take Zadina ... we got QHs and Podz as a result of teams going off board.   The board is never right though either. 

Like I said, I got super lucky with Moritz. I don't know what exactly turned me on to him so much, but he was the player I was wanting to pick that year. I remember trying to justify 'reaching' to pick him at our spot. Boy did I ever feel validated when Detroit took him before we even had the chance. It's funny, because I had spent a year hyping him hard. Then my best friend's team picked him, which is rad because now I get to cheer for him by proxy.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

honestly i think Ott would give them anything they wanted for him. 10th overall+ Josh Norris+ another piece could probably get it done. 

Aren’t Norris and/or Colin White very close friends with Brady? I want to say Brady and Norris are friends going back to their days with the NTDP. 

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Like I said, I got super lucky with Moritz. I don't know what exactly turned me on to him so much, but he was the player I was wanting to pick that year. I remember trying to justify 'reaching' to pick him at our spot. Boy did I ever feel validated when Detroit took him before we even had the chance. It's funny, because I had spent a year hyping him hard. Then my best friend's team picked him, which is rad because now I get to cheer for him by proxy.

You bet.   There was some discussion about taking Broberg or Sieder on the CDC too.   RHD 's are tough to find and he was the best of the bunch, turns out a lot better too. 

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I think the Flames will want an NHL player. My guess is this will cost Vancouver a 1st Round Pick + Boeser or Miller 

Hard pass.   Wouldn't trade any one of those things for him let alone more then one. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1