The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Leafs fans think team should trade their bad players for other teams’ good players

Rate this topic

so, they want to trade their 'bad' players, do they mean the ones that disappeared in the playoffs?

ok, maybe they could trade Nielander for.....Virtanen( he's good, right?)

33 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You know the Beaverton is spoof news site right? It’s like taking an article from the Onion seriously.  

Had a hunch this might be the case, so to be sure I looked up the Beaverton, as I thought it was odd that a town in Oregon would care about the Laffs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 7:29 AM, Gassy Jack said:

Well what do you expect? Lol.

They only have like 4 good forwards and 3 good dman, not a lot to work with trade-wise.

I was looking at the projected line combos and their top 9 has bunting who after 26 games in four years will replace Hyman on the top line, Ritchie as well on the top line with Kase on the on the 3rd line until he takes a hit that is. Their bottom sixes best player is Kerfoot and is filled out with league min contracts.

I look at them compared to us and who we still have joining this year and beyond and I still can't believe how fast they depleted their depth, even with a bottom-six that makes around 8 million they still can't ice a full roster and they now face trying to either move Reilly since he won't be re-signed if he makes anything over 6.5 or do they keep him and get nothing if he walks and in typical leaf fashion their fans think he will return what Jones did.

They have also suggested Our JT for Kerfoot and a 2nd with us retaining the difference in cap.

That whole franchise reeks, Dubas has two picks in the draft and there is not one player drafted past the first round except Engval on their roster. 

Anyone who hates Benning should delve into the leafs,  7 years just like us but they had got to draft 1st with a surefire #1 franchise C and the 3rd overall and even tho it's clear they can't build off the core four they keep doing the same with each passing season they lose a good player and replace him with a worse one and this will happen next year as well with Reilly and probably Cambell since he's do for a raise on his 1.5 million.

Sorry to get sidetracked but I find it fascinating to see the "Shanny plan" a plan many here said would produce a Stanley cup instead had a two-year window that unless drastic moves are made this team is in a lot of trouble.

I'll end this with my favourite leafs bad trade offer, Marner and Reilly for Quinn and Petey, while the worst of the worst Eichel (5 million retained) Dahlin and Ullmark for Marner,  Reilly, Kerfoot Lilly\Sandin and a 2nd" in 2023.

• Like 1

Who was the last Leaf core guy that actually played hard on and off pucks, and for the crest on the front of his sweater and not the size of his cheque?  Gilmore, Clarke?  

The Leafs core guys are selfish.  Their fans know this, which causes them much suffering.  It’s so sad, isn’t it?

image.gif.fb850b813ebbfbba93fb367c62dbc9bb.gif

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2021 at 7:30 AM, Alflives said:

Who was the last Leaf core guy that actually played hard on and off pucks, and for the crest on the front of his sweater and not the size of his cheque?  Gilmore, Clarke?  

The Leafs core guys are selfish.  Their fans know this, which causes them much suffering.  It’s so sad, isn’t it?

image.gif.fb850b813ebbfbba93fb367c62dbc9bb.gif

I think it was Sundin. Its strange though isn't it. According to Leafs fans "everyone wants to play for Toronto" yet nobody actually seems to if they get there.

Edited by McBackup