The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

So much for overpaying plugs for team culture hey boys? What a genius idea that was.  Worked famously :huh:

There's a happy medium.  You don't want to be like Edmonton and bring in no leadership, resulting in your generational talent turning into a locker room cancer because no one was able to teach him how to play like a man.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's a happy medium.  You don't want to be like Edmonton and bring in no leadership, resulting in your generational talent turning into a locker room cancer because no one was able to teach him how to play like a man.

Ya, then there is signing J fn beagle for 3 million dollars a year lol. I won't even mention the others. That management group absolutely destroyed any positive things they did with the idiotic moves they made over and over. It was so crazy, people were like " they must have some sort of plan nobody can figure out". Lol.

Nope . This is the long awaited results. Exactly as stupid as it seemed.  In fact , it's probably even dumber than originally predicted.  That's saying something.  Complete incompetence.  Wouldn't trust them to run a 711 nevermind a pro sports team. It's crazy. 

Edited by cuporbust

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Where was the drama ? Cause from my POV, it started with your post, making assumptions and it continues with another childish post from you.   

Plus, you still didn't answer my questions and now you another one ? 

Drama would be whining and saying that you can't bear to watch this team when you clearly will. I genuinely felt sorry for you and was curious as to what team you were going to watch seeing as you couldn't bear to watch the Canucks. I took you at your word... that is childish to you?

As for your question "Are you really ok, with the current state of the team, whilst some of the rebuilding teams are READY to turn the page: from rebuilding to contending ?"

Of course I'm not ok with the current state of the team. I'm not however going to jump off a cliff and pretend that I'm not going to watch them anymore. I've been a canuck fan since I was 6 years old, during that time they have been rebuilding 80% of the time. This is literally what its like to be a canucks fan... not for the faint of heart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

So much for overpaying plugs for team culture hey boys? What a genius idea that was.  Worked famously :huh:

Those plugs would have been handy for the last 2 years if they didn’t age. Well except Loui that guy can frig off haha. No secret the PK went down the toilet though 

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

Am I to take it that you find 5 years of Loui at 6m followed by 6 years of OEL at 7.26m bearable?

I wouldn't even compare those 2 contracts. Loui fell off the cliff so bad he was about 4 million overpaid. I would say oel is less than 2 million overpaid big difference there. Loui @15 mins a game vs OEL @ 22.5 mins a game is a huge difference.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I honestly don’t get our owner.  Did his early success with Gillis make him think he knows how to build a winner? 

All we have is the result, under his leadership and the result has, no bias.  Anyways, he won't change his mandate, until he see's it himself and to his own peril....

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

Drama would be whining and saying that you can't bear to watch this team when you clearly will. I genuinely felt sorry for you and was curious as to what team you were going to watch seeing as you couldn't bear to watch the Canucks. I took you at your word... that is childish to you?

As for your question "Are you really ok, with the current state of the team, whilst some of the rebuilding teams are READY to turn the page: from rebuilding to contending ?"

Of course I'm not ok with the current state of the team. I'm not however going to jump off a cliff and pretend that I'm not going to watch them anymore. I've been a canuck fan since I was 6 years old, during that time they have been rebuilding 80% of the time. This is literally what its like to be a canucks fan... not for the faint of heart. 

"I genuinely felt sorry for you and was curious as to what team you were going to watch seeing as you couldn't bear to watch the Canucks."

Your choice of words and your weak attempt at virtue signaling, tells me all I need to know about you and your age.  I can almost predict what your next post will be - but I will wait.

Sure, the Canucks history is full of mediocrity but accepting it as a norm, after 50+ years or almost 20 years under Aquaman - HAS ME FEELING SORRY FOR YOU, INSTEAD.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

This trade, in hindsight looks bad. I liked it at the time, but have soured on it for sure. My blame is solely on OEL. The skills are there, the skating is there. He just looks weak and out of shape to me. Really curious where he finished in fitness testing at training camp. 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:12 AM, Wolfgang Durst said:

One of the worst trades in Canucks history.

- only 12% retained of OEL's contract , that's a joke

- 5.10 , 165lbs smallish forward

- our 1st round pick involved

- Roussel, Beagle + Eriksson contracts just one year left, could have wait one more year, but no , Canucks are IMPATIENT and RUSH THINGS

OEL ' albatross contract is the worst thing what could have happened to VAN.

Desperate move from a desperate GM.

Congratulations.

On July 24, 2021 I labeled this trade as one of the worst trades in Canucks history. Some smart fans - which includes me, of course - see the light long before other fans. Just sayin

FattyGenius.gif

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

This trade, in hindsight looks bad. I liked it at the time, but have soured on it for sure. My blame is solely on OEL. The skills are there, the skating is there. He just looks weak and out of shape to me. Really curious where he finished in fitness testing at training camp. 

Pretty sure with all the maintenance days he's been taking and looking like a shell of himself out there, that he's pretty clearly playing hurt. Whether that's from poor preparation or simply that hockey's a rough sport...who knows? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pretty sure with all the maintenance days he's been taking and looking like a shell of himself out there, that he's pretty clearly playing hurt. Whether that's from poor preparation or simply that hockey's a rough sport...who knows? 

Your right. He almost looks "Bambi legs" at times. Weather it's fatigue from poor preparation, or injury, not sure. 

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

If that's the case these would be the yearly buyout cost starting in 2024-25

Honestly not terrible. Short term pain for long term gain.

Screenshot_20221104-094802.png

Short term pain would be riding out the storm and letting it play out.

A cheaper alternate to a buy out could be the Canucks retaining 50% in a trade. It would mean 3.63 million in cap penalty for 3 Years (10,890,000 instead of 16,353,344). Not only that OEL at 3.63 would be a decent piece for a contender that could return some futures. This of course would hinge on OEL willing to waive his NTC and the Canucks willingness to eat salary. 

Would definitely be a much more palatable situation as opposed to the long term pain of a buyout.

• Cheers 2