The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

7 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah sounds like he's improving too.. maybe a late bloomer, who knows. Better late than never though but one thing I do like is that he's not afraid to hit and hit hard, not afraid to fight, at least there's that but if he can think fast enough at the NHL level remains to be seen but you never know right? 

A late bloomer at 19? 

• Haha 2
  • There it is 1

10 hours ago, iceman64 said:

And add coming over from another part of the world.. adjustment everywhere he turns BUT it's noticable he has his swagger back we saw in the WJ's, I just hope he gets some sniping coaching ala D Sedin when he finally arrives...

He's got everything else, size speed bite.. exactly the player attitude we need! 

The timing couldn't be better either if it's this season and another full season in Abby and then give him a shot and if he makes it, that will help with the cap BUT if not then the year after. When he's on his game he's looking a bit like a Kuzmenko with snarl. 

We need that on D as well, we don't have many players except for schenner and Tree that can crease clear no problem because you know where that leads, if not it makes playoff hockey painful to watch when you get sent packing and beat up. We're 4th smallest team in the league, might as well have it on D as well because bigger opposing forwards park it in front and Demko (or whoever) can't stop what they can't see...  And if our D needs help with it, it needs bigger forwards so trading in that direction after D is addressed we're pretty much there. Leaves us a few year window to peak IF it gets done and with depth! Not selling the F'n farm for roster players.. I'd lose my s__t if that happened again. 

Anyway hope Klim is a big part of it!  As much as people will cringe at the name Benning, I've always thought he was another steal and I'm not wrong yet, he's looking better and better.. 

You can see just how good of a skater Woo is, especially for a big guy. He is showing that he has some untapped offensive instincts.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Bieksa was a late bloomer. Played a similar style.

Most D men take until about 23-24 before they make the jump full time. He’s still on track as long as his game keeps progressing. Just might not be the top 4 guy we were hoping for.

I mean, if we got a third pairing RD out of a second round pick that'd be great considering our track record of drafting and developing D. 

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, if we got a third pairing RD out of a second round pick that'd be great considering our track record of drafting and developing D. 

Absolutely.

Ideally he’s a third pairing guy that can move up to second pair depending on his partner.

Like I think Bieksa definitely benefited by being paired with a guy like Hamhuis. Not sure he would have been a top 4 guy had he not had that steady partner.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dude looks like he's having fun, I hope he stews in Abbotsford next season too, no need to rush him

Looks like he's figuring things out

Few years ago they might have started him in the nhl  lol. Team is learning.. slowly 

Edited by Devron
  • There it is 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:08 AM, Boudrias said:

A late bloomer at 19? 

Well, I mean the way he didn't just step in like some of the other guys like Petey, (Podz to limited degree and Hughes etc. 

We've been lucky like that but it's hardly every player who can come in and take a roster spot..  I guess when I'm tired I might want to go slower and be more... Specific.. in meaning something like that.. my bad! 

On 1/5/2023 at 10:18 PM, DeNiro said:

Bieksa was a late bloomer. Played a similar style.

Most D men take until about 23-24 before they make the jump full time. He’s still on track as long as his game keeps progressing. Just might not be the top 4 guy we were hoping for.

Actually in a way, I'm thinking we could do just fine with guys like Woo on 3rd and 4th pairing if we can affectively roll 4 lines, his game would fit right in what we need. It never hurts to have physical play on D so opposing forwards get antsy about getting clocked if they make the smallest mistake...

That was our depthless 2011 roster, with depth we could have won it, losing Hamhuis was brutal, then Edler was clearly playing injured, Tanev was beat up, Salo I think was out a few games? And no depth to back it up.. 

Anyway, we'd better draft D like mofo's and trade in D direction too and load up. Until then if anyone thinks we're in contention for anything anytime soon is sadly mistaken.

Been down that road before...