The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Danila Klimovich

On 7/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, BPA said:

Nice strategy JB.  Get him playing in the AHL learning the Canucks system.  Then if he looks NHL ready, bring him up for a few games and burn that first year.  Gets him to group 10.2(c) RFA status so he can't be offersheeted.

::D

His contract would begin when he starts playing for the AHL team.

*Edit apparently not*

Edited by coryberg
  • Cheers 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:56 PM, theo5789 said:

If the contract slides going to the KHL, then I'd send him to the KHL. Would be the best developmental path IMO as long as he goes to a team willing to play him decent minutes. Give him some time to learn some English (if he isn't fluent already) and prepare for the adjustment to come to NA after a year. Then go to the AHL the following year and give him a real chance to crack the NHL roster after that. Make sure he understands this development path that we have set for him.

The thing with the KHL route is he would go straight there and not be attending camp. I know he really wants to attend camp from the sounds of it so I'm not sure that's his first preference. AHL or CHL he can go there at the end of camp.

On 7/28/2021 at 8:56 PM, theo5789 said:

If the contract slides going to the KHL, then I'd send him to the KHL. Would be the best developmental path IMO as long as he goes to a team willing to play him decent minutes. Give him some time to learn some English (if he isn't fluent already) and prepare for the adjustment to come to NA after a year. Then go to the AHL the following year and give him a real chance to crack the NHL roster after that. Make sure he understands this development path that we have set for him.

Speaking from personal experience, you won’t be able to learn English while playing in KHL compared to how you can learn it playing in North America.

• Cheers 1

If he has left the KHL camp he will more then likely be on his way to Canada. More than likely be at camp.

I think that means he will play in the Q but not sure. If they have found a way for him to go straight to AHL that would be awesome. 

No   looks like he would play where the Canucks decide to put him. AHL or the Q.

They control where he goes. That is what I get out of it. His contract would slide if he goes to tge Q.

I think.

Edited by appleboy

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Isn't it confirmed though that he's in eligible to be in the Q since he's under contract with the Canucks?

Players under contract go back to play Junior all the time. Their contract just slides.

From his highlights… the shape and size of his frame combined with his vision and stick speed reminds me of Nathan MacKinnon. If he can get lower in his stride and sharpen up his all-around game even more than we might have a massive steal here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Let’s get this kid to Abby.  He’s already playing against men.  I do not want to see him get squeezed in ice time like Podkolzin when Russian politics decided to put the screws to him.  Keep him away from the K and away from the “too easy” league (at this point at least) in the Q…

This way he can get to love the lower mainland and also be under the watchful eye of our player development.  Drafting talent is only half the equation.  There are plethora of drafted busts that wouldn’t have been busts if they had just been developed properly and something about this kid’s attitude tells me he is ready for professional league guidance.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, ZH96 said:

From his highlights… the shape and size of his frame combined with his vision and stick speed reminds me of Nathan MacKinnon. If he can get lower in his stride and sharpen up his all-around game even more than we might have a massive steal here.

Maybe you were accidentally watching Mackinnon highlights…

7 hours ago, Millerdraft said:

Let’s get this kid to Abby.  He’s already playing against men.  I do not want to see him get squeezed in ice time like Podkolzin when Russian politics decided to put the screws to him.  Keep him away from the K and away from the “too easy” league (at this point at least) in the Q…

This way he can get to love the lower mainland and also be under the watchful eye of our player development.  Drafting talent is only half the equation.  There are plethora of drafted busts that wouldn’t have been busts if they had just been developed properly and something about this kid’s attitude tells me he is ready for professional league guidance.

Anything but the KHL, Id be ok for. Although as a fan I'd rather see him in Abby, but the right thing to do is really is send him to the Q. Let him play against his peers. If he's too good then so be it, but playing in Abby is such a risk. Yes he can get better coaching and the team has better access to him, but if he struggles, his confidence could get shot, it just might be too big of a leap. I'd rather see him at the very least dominate his peers and work him up the ranks.

• Cheers 1