The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Philipp Grubauer

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re gonna have to trade for Kuemper.

Arizona can fleece them now.

Edmonton will gift them Kostitsin for a small bag of pucks

3 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

Leaving Colorado to play in Seattle. Strange move. 

It's all about the money. Just look at Edler could have retired as a canuck instead he chose to relocate with his family just to get another 3.5M. Philipp has stated several times publicly how much he loves Colorado and the team and how badly he wants to stay in Colorado.

In the end Av's couldn't make the money work but Seattle could.

Great signing for Seattle.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, c00kies said:

Contract rejected(front loaded) by NHL, so probably a bit of restructuring with the Kraken.

Gotta wonder who dropped the ball there writing a contract not within the rules of the CBA? If that happened here, criticism would be through the roof.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Gotta wonder who dropped the ball there writing a contract not within the rules of the CBA? If that happened here, criticism would be through the roof.

From the same people who claim Sakic is also head and shoulders a better GM...:emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, theo5789 said:

That rule was changed in the CBA MOU approved last summer.  Used to be 35% and has been reduced to 25%.  At the previous 35% rate they were cap compliant.  They simply had to shift 250K from year 3 to year 2.

Would guess that it's Grubauer's agent that pushed for that structure.  Escrow drops to 6% in year 3 so they probably wanted to have more salary in year 3 than year 2 where escrow is at 10%.

• Cheers 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:32 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Is Burnaby Joe doing an interview in a robe? :lol:

It is his Jedi uniform and he is using mind tricks on other unsusoecting GM's.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

If I'm Calgary, I consider trading Marky to COL for a ransom and just starting a rebuild. I would trade Gaudreau while I'm at it.

Colorado already acquired their starter for a kings ransom...

Screenshot_20210802-122052_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

That rule was changed in the CBA MOU approved last summer.  Used to be 35% and has been reduced to 25%.  At the previous 35% rate they were cap compliant.  They simply had to shift 250K from year 3 to year 2.

Would guess that it's Grubauer's agent that pushed for that structure.  Escrow drops to 6% in year 3 so they probably wanted to have more salary in year 3 than year 2 where escrow is at 10%.

Sure, but the numbers guy for Seattle could've looked at it and said, this won't work. Whatever the case, these "professionals" on both sides missed out on it. Simple (maybe honest) mistake, and they will resolve it no problem, but just saying should it have happened here, the fan base would be calling out our management suggesting incompetence surely.

• Vintage 1