The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Toronto signs Nick Ritchie

• Spoosh changed the title to [Signing] Toronto signs Nick Ritchie
57 minutes ago, rekker said:

Meh, he's no replacement for Zak Hyman. Good net front presence for the PP. He's not the skilled sparkplug Zak is though. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’ll give Dubass credit.  This is actually a player the marshmallow softies need.  Good signing.  

I would have liked him here at about 1.5 for the 4th line. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Meh, he's no replacement for Zak Hyman. Good net front presence for the PP. He's not the skilled sparkplug Zak is though. 

Great deal, Ritchie will do great there --2021-22--GP 75--G 22-25  --PTS  50

7 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nick-ritchie-vie-top-six-role-maple-leafs/

True I feel a bit sore @ my behind from all the nonsense on SN and TSN about how we were so bad on day 1 and how tough it will be with OEL etc. D+ was like the best review we got.

But THEN SN says Ritchie is a top-6 candidate on the Leafs like he is Connor McDavid or something.

I know the Leafs are the crown jewel but c’mon I can’t take it! :sadno:

That garbage is white noise to me nowadays anyways but I understand the frustration and bewilderment by those assessments.

Ritchie as a first round selection always had top six potential, he has throughout his career to this point been a player who takes too many questionable penalties, doesn't have first rate speed or skills but can play the power forward role. He would excel on a team's third line as a winger who can bang and crash as well as provide offense. I am sure he will see PP and top line time in Toronto because why not and the crash the next/garbage goal gameplan fits his skill set too.

He had great chemistry with Ondrej Kase which if I am correct was also signed by the Leafs so if his concussion problems are behind him having those two on a line may be potential for something.

At the very least he has a new opportunity with a stoied franchise and maybe a fresh start will do him well.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

True I feel a bit sore @ my behind from all the nonsense on SN and TSN about how we were so bad on day 1 and how tough it will be with OEL etc. D+ was like the best review we got.

But THEN SN says Ritchie is a top-6 candidate on the Leafs like he is Connor McDavid or something.

Words mean very little

The action will speak volumes for Canuck fans or Toronto Sports 

The Canucks will be a better team (albeit that bar was pretty low to begin with)

Laffs won our division, while we never even made  the playoffs in a weak division but they are also the greatest 1st round exit champs

Neither team has bragging rights, TO has not won a cup longer than us

Till then it is just selling and marketing talk

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

I like moves Vancouver made, Hamonic played well last  half of season, he was hurt after game 2..He will play good with Hughes..

Poolman will surprise fans, #4 or #5 -- {18- 20 min }

OEL ---Will be much better, happy again -- Solid #2 --- {{{ 21  -- 23 mins}}}

Garland 5'10 .25,  185 , plays much bigger -Fans will love  GP 75 - G 25--28  --PTS 62--65 -- Great pickup

Dickinson --26 , 6'2  -- great speed, 3rd line, PK will look good playing with Podkolzin and Pearsons..

Podkolzin - 20 -- 6'2 , 210lbs -- will look real good playing on 2nd and 3rd lines, plays with edge GP 75--G 18- 20--PTS 40-45

Schenn -- Solid # 6 or 7  --{15 -- 17 mins  }}

Halak -- Solid backup  30 games

Rathbone -22  will come out flying, will be #4 D man by December -- Skill and skatings fantastic --

MacEwen 6'3 --will need in lineup, veryfast and tough,,,

• Cheers 3