Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

City of Glendale will not renew arrangements with Coyotes to play at Gila River Arena past this season

Rate this topic


mll
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, Strawbone said:

Damn that looks smaller than I imagined. And they're tweeting about it like they are excited to be playing there next year?? Not a great look.

They are probably trying to impress Auston Matthews 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, mll said:

  

 

 

People first thought that the crowd would be electric being in a campus setting for young drunk students to enjoy. How can anyone expect this arena to fill up with those prices? Students have their tuitions to worry about let alone $3,649 minimum season tickets price tag. $89 bucks to get in per game?
 

Gary and the yotes owners must be dipping into the Peyote  and licking their chops again.  

C4A33763-9FF3-420A-9797-F797474022FE.jpeg

88E8C8CC-D436-4BE3-850C-2C611B1545E5.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mll said:

  

 

 

Basically 3100 corporate seats and 2,000 seats for rich snowbirds. What a joke. What an insult to fans of hockey in Arizona. This should be the laughing stock of professional sports but hockey is so irrelevant that people won't even notice. 

 

If I'm a billionaire owner of the other 31 teams, I'm furious that I'm basically subsidizing this joke of a franchise through revenue sharing.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bettman must really have the BOG by the short and curlies.

And not a peep out of the other teams?

 

I do not know the facts, but I believe most(?) junior teams in Canada play in larger rinks.

Cancel their franchise and move the bits to a hockey mad market.

Hell, I don't even care if it is in Canada or the States anymore.

 

Just give up on this Arizona/Phoenix crap Gary.

Your underwear is showing more than Matthews'.

Stinky, stinky, stuff Buttman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/21/2022 at 1:15 PM, Down by the River said:

Basically 3100 corporate seats and 2,000 seats for rich snowbirds. What a joke. What an insult to fans of hockey in Arizona. This should be the laughing stock of professional sports but hockey is so irrelevant that people won't even notice. 

 

If I'm a billionaire owner of the other 31 teams, I'm furious that I'm basically subsidizing this joke of a franchise through revenue sharing.  

Not sure that is going to fly at all.  Corporations don't like losing teams... it isn't a good vibe to go to see games where your local team gets shellacked every night and everyone is depressed by the end.

They will continue to get folks from visiting teams attend games... but at these prices it is going to be a half empty building still.  They should have at least had a bunch of nosebleeds for cheap to get college kids in to bring some energy to the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, gurn said:

move the team to Powell River- we only have 1,700 seats but we would fill them to watch some NHL hockey.

Great little hockey town. Even the Safeway has an ocean sunset view.

  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2022 at 2:44 AM, Provost said:

Not sure that is going to fly at all.  Corporations don't like losing teams... it isn't a good vibe to go to see games where your local team gets shellacked every night and everyone is depressed by the end.

They will continue to get folks from visiting teams attend games... but at these prices it is going to be a half empty building still.  They should have at least had a bunch of nosebleeds for cheap to get college kids in to bring some energy to the place.

Not to mention the facilities. Sometimes these corporate tickets are used to take partners to an event as what I remember some folks from our Company were taken to watch the San Jose Shark home games. You don't want to take your business partners to a sports game whose Arena is suited more for a minor league team. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Not to mention the facilities. Sometimes these corporate tickets are used to take partners to an event as what I remember some folks from our Company were taken to watch the San Jose Shark home games. You don't want to take your business partners to a sports game whose Arena is suited more for a minor league team. 

Yep… buying tickets to a low rent team makes you look like a low rent business.

 

They are better off buying tickets to college sports in that area as alumni will be excited to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep… buying tickets to a low rent team makes you look like a low rent business.

 

They are better off buying tickets to college sports in that area as alumni will be excited to go.

I'm wondering how they are going to protect people without having netting over the entire thing, its such a tiny space. Its going to be a gong show.

 

What free agent is going to want to go there? Maybe Megna can get a 3milx4 deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...