The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Christian Dvorak to Canadiens for conditional 2022 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow Arizona will have 14 picks in the 1st 2 rounds over the next 3 years.  They will have over $52 million in cap space next year.  And Matthews will join them in 3 years.  They are basically the equivalent of an expansion team right now...

They should keep Keller and Chychrun, but if I could get something for Schmaltz from a desperate team I'd consider it. The Coyotes are completely blowing it up and rebuilding, they'll need to make some FA acquisitions throughout their rebuild to get better. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow Arizona will have 14 picks in the 1st 2 rounds over the next 3 years.  They will have over $52 million in cap space next year.  And Matthews will join them in 3 years.  They are basically the equivalent of an expansion team right now...

Wherever they move too, should have an exciting future.  

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This reminds me of the Sergachev trade.  I don't think Montreal comes out ahead in all of this.  Bergevin will be done by end of season...

It’s his last season.  Friedman and LeBrun have already reported that he’s not looking to re-up as GM.  There have been talks about an extension but himself has hinted that it’s his last season when he said he’ll honour the last year of his contract.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

It’s his last season.  Friedman and LeBrun have already reported that he’s not looking to re-up as GM.  There have been talks about an extension but himself has hinted that it’s his last season when he said he’ll honour the last year of his contract.

Scorched earth program? 

• Cheers 1

If Arizona is clearing players as young as 25, what's left for picking?

Could the Canucks snag Schmaltz and re-unite him with Boeser?

That's really it outside of Chychrun. Team is gonna be rough next year..

Keller - Schmaltz - Kessel

Jaskin (??) - Dzingel (??) - Krouse (?>??)

Larsson (??) - Fischer - Player Name (!!)

Roussel - Beagle - Boyd

Chychrun - Stralman (lol)

Gostisbehere - Lyubushkin (???)

Capobianco (???) - Timmins

Hutton (.886 last year...1?!!?)

????

jesus. i don't know if i've ever seen a team that bad on paper

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lol. This is based on the Coyotes still being in Arizona I assume.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

First off. Bergevin, not Bergeron. If you’re going to be smarmy at least get the name right. Lol.

To be fair. It was an extra 1st.  Its  the first time in his entire tenure he’s traded a first.  Plus this was a very unique situation. All in all I don’t feel bad defending my position that under normal circumstances he doesn’t move first round picks. 

Acshually

To be fair

First off

In my opinion

But...he doesn't trade first round picks until he does then...it's unique?

K, but he did.  He does.  It happened.

So Arizona currently has over $11 million in cap space.  They are collecting 1st round picks like there is going to be a shortage.

Maybe they are looking at making an offer sheet to a big time RFA.  At a cap hit over $10 million.  I wonder who is left out there that could possibly be worth $10 million?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Arizona currently has over $11 million in cap space.  They are collecting 1st round picks like there is going to be a shortage.

Maybe they are looking at making an offer sheet to a big time RFA.  At a cap hit over $10 million.  I wonder who is left out there that could possibly be worth $10 million?

giphy.gif

No way in hell Petey signs an OS to play in the desert

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Acshually

To be fair

First off

In my opinion

But...he doesn't trade first round picks until he does then...it's unique?

K, but he did.  He does.  It happened.

Sure did.  And ended your dream of getting Montreal’s first next season. 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

giphy.gif

I get that you’re making a joke but in the Coyotes GM’s defense, that’s why they have so much cap space available.  They’re basically a cap floor team & would likely be spending even less if there was no cap floor.  Coyotes GM has a tougher job than Jim Benning (who has no such restrictions on spending from ownership).  Granted, Benning has a lot more pressure to produce on ice results (but that often comes with the territory in such a executive position) so I guess that’s the trade off.

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I get that you’re making a joke but in the Coyotes GM’s defense, that’s why they have so much cap space available.  They’re basically a cap floor team & would likely be spending even less if there was no cap floor.  Coyotes GM has a tougher job than Jim Benning (who has no such restrictions on spending from ownership).  Granted, Benning has a lot more pressure to produce on ice results (but that often comes with the territory in such a executive position) so I guess that’s the trade off.

I feel like they're living out the hockey version of Major League.  I expect Loui to have a shrine to Jobu in his stall

200.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Preparing for their days of playing in a minor league arena after this season.

9 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

If Arizona is clearing players as young as 25, what's left for picking?

Could the Canucks snag Schmaltz and re-unite him with Boeser?

That's really it outside of Chychrun. Team is gonna be rough next year..

Keller - Schmaltz - Kessel

Jaskin (??) - Dzingel (??) - Krouse (?>??)

Larsson (??) - Fischer - Player Name (!!)

Roussel - Beagle - Boyd

Chychrun - Stralman (lol)

Gostisbehere - Lyubushkin (???)

Capobianco (???) - Timmins

Hutton (.886 last year...1?!!?)

????

jesus. i don't know if i've ever seen a team that bad on paper

you forgot about the enigma that is Louie E

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

I feel like they're living out the hockey version of Major League.  I expect Loui to have a shrine to Jobu in his stall

200.gif

except that Louie is more like Harris, the over the hill pitcher, who uses nothing but junk ball pitches to get the job done and still fails.

• Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

200.gif

10 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

except that Louie is more like Harris, the over the hill pitcher, who uses nothing but junk ball pitches to get the job done and still fails.

I'm not eager to see the scantily clad alex meruelo cardboard standee.

• Haha 2