The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

12 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Kind of how I'm expecting the canucks to be this season. They'll be able to score goals, but when it comes to defending a lead, it's going to be a train wreck. No Edler. No Tanev.  No Markstrom. 

Lol. U expect a mostly ahl roster then. 

Game one of the preseason will define the rest of the year ?

Bye GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RogersTowell said:

The guys announcing the game were doing their job tonight - trying to hype a brand new franchise for it's home market.

Kraken fielded pretty much their expected starting roster, the Canucks fielded mostly their AHL team.  The result was pretty much what you'd expect: 
- the Canucks were heavily outshot during the game.  Strong goal tending by Silovs prevented it from being a route.

- the Canucks struggled to come up with shots but got a decent number of quality chances compared to their overall shots on goal and capitalised on their chances.

Some of the players not expected to be on the roster played quite well tonight.  Silovs, Hunt, Klimovich, di Giusseppe and a couple of others had solid games.  If we could make a single player out of the best parts of Rathbone and Juolevi, we'd have a star.  Interesting game to watch, can't wait for season to start.

Rathbone and Olli would make Makar

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I know the game tomorrow is being streamed here.

Nothing about today's game...except some have hinted that there MAY be a free NHL preview?  

It's on 650 radio so we can go old school.

So does anyone know why some got this and others didn't?

Weird...I have Shaw and got the game but my Dad just got audio.

Tomorrow is streamed....so we'll all get to watch it together!  Woo!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It'd have given them someone to market, and then they went and did a whole lot of nothing in UFA

Which is admittedly probably the smart move, but it was still surprising 

They did sign grubauer, which i don't agree with since they had Drieger, but that's a big name. 

just too poor quality team against an NHL roster. Not enough to push any NHL roster especially one out to grow their fan base by icing their whole lineup against what isn’t even our AHL team. Hopefully we can actually hear John and John tomorrow because that Seattle broadcast was painful. I didnt hear of the expansion draft for announcers but Seattle didn’t do too well. Especially the British guy at the desk and the girl color person. They were extra awful. Rathbone played ok. Schenn wasn’t great. Bowie was bad. The only players I noticed tonight were who you would expect you to notice. Silovs was pretty good. No dominant performance by anyone on our side but  let’s see what the veterans show tomorrow night. 

Edited by mikeyman109
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I watched part of it on the youtube kraken feed but they lost the sound in the 3rd period so went back to SN650 for audio

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Sadly every year  something strange happens, multi billion dollar companies here and this, again.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

He won't get the opportunity. His minutes will stay sheltered and even then, his defense needs work. 

I agree that he will need to be sheltered some defensively, a bit like OJ was last year, but I think his time on the PP tonight showed he has a chance to pick up quite a few points if he gets some PP time. From what I saw tonight I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees some time on PP1 at some point. His chemistry with Boeser was instantly apparent. The way Brock was getting his one timers off tonight on the PP I wouldn’t be surprised if Brock himself lobbies for Jack feeding him those in the regular season. Things got stale on the PP at times last year, and I loved the quickness and urgency it showed with Rathbone at the point.

• Vintage 1