The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Calgary @ Vancouver Monday, Sept. 27/21 7:00 PM Abbotsford Centre

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

And look where the oilers stick is. Its taking away ANY backhand play. First off like i said a few times now. Look at where Gudbranson took the puck, it was in tight on his backhand side. If he keeps skating like you want him to, he is going to overskate the puck and its goint to be in even tighter to his feet and even more awkward to deal with on his backhand. If it was his forehand, SURE he could possibly skate onto it and push it forward and skate with it. It is not so easy to skate onto a puck in tight on your back hand

4709CAB6-5351-444D-9026-A89254BCCAF1.jpeg

B5E2B694-B8C1-414E-ACAD-3CFEF27976E9.jpeg

This is the last time I'll address this, because this is the GDT, not the Guddy thread.

The forward would have been deeper in the zone and stick out of reach of the puck if Guddy moved to the middle. We see this kind of play all the time. The problem with the image you're using, is that he's already being checked. It's not showing that 1 second earlier he could have taken that stride to the middle and opening up another option.

Good talk though.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t see a lot of these pasted things anymore? This looks blank to me. Not sure if it’s just my phone or what.

I think its a google thing

I can only access about 1/4 of the videos

trouble with google maps, even when its not google maps, like website directions get me google maps notices

G-mail is very hard to access since Telus changed to G-mail

I just listened to the Bo interview because it was black

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Maybe try to clear your cache or browser history.

I'm having this problem in Chrome on iPad and it started just yesterday - it was just fine before that. Cleared the cache - the same problem. Looks like an SSL certificate expired again.

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

I'm having this problem in Chrome on iPad and it started just yesterday - it was just fine before that. Cleared the cache - the same problem. Looks like an SSL certificate expired again.

I use Safari on my iPad,  and no issues.   

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As per this morning's skate in Calgary, the Flames will run with these lines and pairings tonight:

Andrew Mangiapane - Dillon Dube - Brett Ritchie

Jakob Pelletier - Adam Ruzicka - Matthew Phillips

Martin Pospisil - Glenn Gawdin - Luke Philp

Justin Kirkland - Byron Froese - Walker Duehr

Juuso Valimaki - Michael Stone

Oliver Kylington - Kevin Gravel

Connor Mackey - Nick DeSimone

Dan Vladar

Adam Werner

Looking like they may only have to scrape and flood one half of the ice after each period:bigblush:

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Maybe try to clear your cache or browser history.

It’s interesting, it actually shows up later, but it often doesn’t appear right away. It’s too bad, because I’m always interested to see the videos you’re putting up.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I use Safari on my iPad,  and no issues.   

I switched to Safari as well, but for years prior I didn't have any issues with Chrome. I have a feeling it was some sort of Chrome update that screwed it up. At the same time, Chrome on my Windows computer works fine and displays all the embedded content.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

This is the last time I'll address this, because this is the GDT, not the Guddy thread.

The forward would have been deeper in the zone and stick out of reach of the puck if Guddy moved to the middle. We see this kind of play all the time. The problem with the image you're using, is that he's already being checked. It's not showing that 1 second earlier he could have taken that stride to the middle and opening up another option.

Good talk though.

The problem is the forwards leaving their dman in a pickle. Its plain and simple.
Once again… on his backhand, in tight… any more strides towards the middle and hes overstepping the puck on his backhand which is the most difficult to play the puck in tight. Its why its best to have rights on the right side and lefties on the left. Your stronger along the boards in puck battles, its easier to control the puck coming off the boards from your forehand and you can send the puck over to the other dman. You cant make that play on your backhand side, you need to move it to the forehand, which is exactly what Gudbranson tried to do. the coach is going to rip the forwards a part for letting a guy take a straight line to a dman who is the last line of defence. If he doesnt have enough time and loses the puck its a free skate into the other end, which is exactly what happened.

End of story

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I'm pretty sure he backed out past the blueline for the exact reason of giving Guddy a passing option dude.. 

but he was waaaaaaay over by the bench, he should have stepped back and closer to guddy to take away the middle of the ice incase anything went wrong. Which it did… leaving the entire middle of the ice wide open. Sure Gudbranson could have exited the zone and started a regroup, but he still needed to get control of the puck. He had to pull it in a bit to actually put a bit of mustard on the pass to send it to the other dman. Either way, guddy was put in an awkward spot, the forwards failed to buy him a fraction of a second to maybe get that puck pulled over to the forehand or to dish it outside the zone and to his partner who was in no mans land

3 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

The problem is the forwards leaving their dman in a pickle. Its plain and simple.
Once again… on his backhand, in tight… any more strides towards the middle and hes overstepping the puck on his backhand which is the most difficult to play the puck in tight. Its why its best to have rights on the right side and lefties on the left. Your stronger along the boards in puck battles, its easier to control the puck coming off the boards from your forehand and you can send the puck over to the other dman. You cant make that play on your backhand side, you need to move it to the forehand, which is exactly what Gudbranson tried to do. the coach is going to rip the forwards a part for letting a guy take a straight line to a dman who is the last line of defence. If he doesnt have enough time and loses the puck its a free skate into the other end, which is exactly what happened.

End of story

You say it's 100% on the forwards, I say a veteran D could have made a better play. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

2 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

but he was waaaaaaay over by the bench, he should have stepped back and closer to guddy to take away the middle of the ice incase anything went wrong. Which it did… leaving the entire middle of the ice wide open. Sure Gudbranson could have exited the zone and started a regroup, but he still needed to get control of the puck. He had to pull it in a bit to actually put a bit of mustard on the pass to send it to the other dman. Either way, guddy was put in an awkward spot, the forwards failed to buy him a fraction of a second to maybe get that puck pulled over to the forehand or to dish it outside the zone and to his partner who was in no mans land

No way dude.. if he kept his motion going to his left he even had a chance to keep that puck in the zone. The mistake was made as soon as he decided to put on the brakes and make a move to his right. I'm not saying that was necessarily obvious at real time but if you watch the video again, that was definitely his best option 

Just now, Chickenspear said:

You say it's 100% on the forwards, I say a veteran D could have made a better play. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess.

Agree to disagree. I say a rookie forward could have tied up his guy off the draw for a split second which would have bought Gudbranson enough time to make the play he was trying, moving the puck from the weakside to his strong side to make a play.