The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Josh Archibald out indefinitely due to heart condition

Rate this topic

Given his tweets earlier about Jailing Fauci, his stance on COVID being a "plandemic", ZFG on his health issues now.  Chickens, roost and all that.  Consequences for one's decisions play out all the time.  Opens up a spot in the lineup for someone else.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

10 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

There are a lot of other people who can advise you.  You make the decision.  Honestly, I had no need to ask my doctor.  I studied this stuff in university and am well versed in the current literature on the topic.  Vaccinologists, epidemiologists, immunologists, all of these have more information on the topic than your doctor. Your doctor knows your personal health history, which is their one advantage.  For 99% of people that is irrelevant as they have no allergies or underlying risks to vaccination.

I'm not laughing, however I do appreciate the irony of this situation.  Call it a character flaw if it makes you happy.

It is great that you have the background to interpret that data. 
Most people don’t, and trust me I talk to a lot of people who don’t have the background and then try to interpret that information although usually with a pre-determined end point.  The results are about what you would expect, frequently the exact opposite of what the data says. 
At this point I have talked to hundreds of people about this and I have a background in much of this, most people who think they shouldn’t get the vaccine because they have problems with their heart or are imunocompromised or whatever are usually the ones who need it most. 
Ultimately the medical guideline is a simple one in Canada, if you have a defined allergy to one of the components in both shots and have been seen by allergist to demonstrate this you can get a medical exemption, if you were one of the half dozen people globally who got myocarditis or pericarditis after getting the shot you get a medical exemption. Anything else is a personal choice you are making. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, skategal said:

Given his tweets earlier about Jailing Fauci, his stance on COVID being a "plandemic", ZFG on his health issues now.  Chickens, roost and all that.  Consequences for one's decisions play out all the time.  Opens up a spot in the lineup for someone else.  

pretty much. i had a friend commit suicide last year because of corona complications, and had vaccines been an option in  early summer 2020, it might have saved her life, but still that early in the pandemic, she died suffering

10 hours ago, on the cycle said:

I'm very pro vaccine but no one other than your doctor should be informing you on whether to get vaccinated or which vaccine to use.

Whether we like it or not there are people who have had yet rare as they are major health complications from vaccines because of rare medical conditions. So before we assume someone is dumb or selfish we should ask why they didn't get it.

I encourage everyone who can to get vaccinated but othering, segregating, and mocking people who are anti vaccine or vaccine hesitant isn't going to encourage them to get it, it's just going to make them dig their heels in.

I think the best way is education, transparency, and a bit of compassion.

I remember when Kamala Harris said she wouldn't get the vaccine because they were developed under the Trump administration, people saying these things have sewed mistrust. It's too bad that this pandemic has been soo politicized.

https://qwtwitter.com/JasonPYYC/status/1444785802001666048?s=20

nah **** him. had a choice and lives with the consequences

10 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Vaccinated majority are so aggressive and judgmental without any chance of reasonable dialogue. Borderline bullies and quite discriminative.

Without a speck of intimate knowledge of the situation whatsoever, y'all just sitting back hucking personal and malicious insults at the guy.

Disappointment continues... 

The end.

So let me understand you, you think we're being too mean on these poor unvaxxed folks. I mean why should they deserve it, it must be so confusing for them?

How about this, next time I have a raging flu, text me your grandparents address, I'd like to drop off some cookies. If your un-vaxxed friends are right, there's no problem.

Edited by JM_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, on the cycle said:

Your Doctor has access to the ingredient list of the vaccines and can inform you of if you are going to have an allergic reaction to any of them.....so yes talk to your doctor.

Just as you should believe in Vaccines you should be cautious and question the efficacy and safety of any medication and weigh the risk vs reward. Don't blindly follow scientists and experts that don't know your name or medical background. Be a critical think, be skeptical, but be willing to learn and change you mind.

All throughout this pandemic no one has talked about being healthy as Obesity and diabetes were two of the

biggest risk risk factors. We were told to mask, social distance, lockdown,

and vaccinate if a vaccine was available. Despite the fact that there were therapeutics and supplements such as Vitamin C&D both of which are cheap and widely available were not

pushed as preventative measures as over 80% Covid hospitalizations were Vitamin D deficient.

And here is a prime example of non-scientists interpreting data.  Vitamin D deficiency is common in the elderly and the immuno-compromised. There's nothing wrong with having a good diet and physical fitness, but they are no panacea.  Vaccination is a vastly greater preventative measure than anything you've mentioned.  Masking, social distance and lockdown add protection regardless of how fit you are.

There are remarkably few people who have allergies or conditions that preclude them from being vaccinated.  If in doubt talk to your doctor.  A significant percentage of people who think they have a condition preventing vaccination are mistaken.

• Vintage 3

12 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Vaccinated majority are so aggressive and judgmental without any chance of reasonable dialogue. Borderline bullies and quite discriminative.

Without a speck of intimate knowledge of the situation whatsoever, y'all just sitting back hucking personal and malicious insults at the guy.

Disappointment continues... 

The end.

Hospitals are overwhelmed because of unvaccinated morons like this gem.  I don't think it's unreasonable to be rather frustrated with this behaviour when it lowers the standard of medical care for everyone else.  People are insulting him for the same reason they insult drunk drivers.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hospitals are overwhelmed because of unvaccinated morons like this gem.  I don't think it's unreasonable to be rather frustrated with this behaviour when it lowers the standard of medical care for everyone else.  People are insulting him for the same reason they insult drunk drivers.

Drunk drivers willingly and knowingly go out and drink and drive. People aren’t trying to get sick with COVID. 
Yet another tag and misguided pre disposition this mess has brought on. 
getting sick isn’t a crime. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Drunk drivers willingly and knowingly go out and drink and drive. People aren’t trying to get sick with COVID. 

Both are willingly and knowingly endangering lives of the general public.

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I like the part about expecting "reasonable dialogue". Sure, reasonable. When you start from an extreme position and then expect everyone else to be "reasonable" its lost before its begun. 

• Vintage 1

Unfortunately for Archibald he used his position of influence for the wrong reasons and one must wonder how many other through his use of social media are also left now to suffer because they liked what Archie has been spewing throughout the last year.

I do hope he recovers and comes around though

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

Didn't some idiots in Alberta just end up in hospital because they thought attending a 'get Covid party' was a good idea?  There are still groups of people arguing that natural immunity is a way to avoid vaccination.  And that's totally ignorant.  

• Vintage 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Didn't some idiots in Alberta just end up in hospital because they thought attending a 'get Covid party' was a good idea?  There are still groups of people arguing that natural immunity is a way to avoid vaccination.  And that's totally ignorant.  

oh but Alf, the poor folks didn't know. Be reasonable man :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, RussianGas said:

He actually received his first dose and developed heart inflammation as an adverse reaction. He's considered un-vaccinated because he doesn't have 2 doses. You too will be considered un-vaccinated when you haven't received your upcoming 3rd booster. I can't wait to hear people with 3 doses blaming the ones with 2 doses for the rise of cases...

Source please?

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RussianGas said:

He actually received his first dose and developed heart inflammation as an adverse reaction. He's considered un-vaccinated because he doesn't have 2 doses. You too will be considered un-vaccinated when you haven't received your upcoming 3rd booster. I can't wait to hear people with 3 doses blaming the ones with 2 doses for the rise of cases...

Really?

That is not what I had thought, though I am just catching up on this story,

I heard he was anti-vax...got Covid but didn't know it, they realised he must have had it when they discovered the antibodies.