The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He struggles in his own zone, we already have Hughes, and we have a braindead imbecile coaching the D who will cause serious damage to him long-term.  A hockey trade for a similar aged defensive D makes sense.

I would trade Juolevi before I let go of Rathbone who could blossom into a star. We know what Juolevi can do.

And by the way Hughes said he can play right or left defence.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wildwood12 said:

I would trade Juolevi before I let go of Rathbone who could blossom into a star. We know what Juolevi can do.

And by the way Hughes said he can play right or left defence.

Hughes is unlikely to ever become a defensive stalwart.  The best we can hope is that he doesn't hurt us.  Good teams aren't full of defensemen who can't play defense.

36 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

As I recall the last pre-season game usually has a couple guys that are going to make it and a couple that are on the bubble with one last chance. Maybe Juolevi has already made it.

I hope so.  From what I hear Juolevi isn't even around.  Maybe he's injured.  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hope so.  From what I hear Juolevi isn't even around.  Maybe he's injured.  Who knows.

Expecting you to have a good night in front of the home fans tonight Petey. No pressure though, if you don't score don't worry because we rather you score when the games matter.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What has Hunt done thats so special?

I like him as a depth guy, but he doesn't kill penalties. God forbid OEL misses time whos going to kill penalties?

I haven't been impressed with Schenn either for that matter.

Which is the Achilles heel. D is not deep.

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What has Hunt done thats so special?

I like him as a depth guy, but he doesn't kill penalties. God forbid OEL misses time whos going to kill penalties?

I haven't been impressed with Schenn either for that matter.

Hunt isn't better than OJ necessarily but he is diversified.