The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, stawns said:

OEL as the qb, hughes on the left side boards, Petey on the right side, Horvat in the slot and Miller down low.  That's what I'd have for PP#1.  

OEL makes quick decisions and crisp accurate passes, that's what you want in a QB.  Quinn is a rover, he doesn't provide any structure to the pp.......when he's up top there's too much "fluidity" to it.

OEL and QH on the same PP makes so much sense. OEL is makes quick decisions and is more calm with the puck and QH's ability to gain the blue line is so valuable on the PP. 

I'd let Miller run 2nd PP. He's not running #1PP very well.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Fyi, Rathbone has over 18 minutes of time, only 2 seconds less than OEL.

Green obviously overplaying him beyond what he's supposed to be. Great coaching decisions.

I would assume last big audition. He has to be head and shoulders above Juolevi for a spot and if they are, in fact, trying to trade Juolevi then waiving him is a complete &^@# up. 

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Fyi, Rathbone has over 18 minutes of time, only 2 seconds less than OEL.

Green obviously overplaying him beyond what he's supposed to be. Great coaching decisions.

Don't worry, on Wednesday he'll have 23mins and OEL will have 18. 8 of those will be on the PK though.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Priority should be to ice the best team for this season.

I thought that's why we waived Gadj? Unless you think Focht, Dries, Dowling Highmore, Petan, Di Giuseppe and McEwan have more upside? 

I know it's only pre-season but that could possibly be POST OF THE YEAR.  Losing Gad's was a BIG mistake!

• Thanks 1