The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

5 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Some comments from Florida fans on HF re Lammikko:

I don't see much risk with sending Lammiko down, I can't see him getting claimed. Hasn't shown anything at the nhl level to think he has more upside than a fourth liner.

Lammikko is likely out of here this/next year, don't see a long term spot for him.

waive Lammer

They are Florida fans. What do they know haha

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I said in the other thread that if we could move Juolevi for an equivalent player/prospect I'd be all over it. Seems like we did just that, with a decent 4th line option to help that situation a bit.

I like the trade. It's nothing spectacular, but it addresses a couple of depth  organizational needs.

The only gripe would be Juolevi is in a position to help us right now IMO, atleast killing penalties (which we need), and we don't know if Juulsen can factor in. But OJ wasn't in their plans so..

OJ was still a reclaimation project, and Juulsen is too. Swapping them and adding Lammikko isn't bad.

And if things work out for Juulsen he profiles as a better fit for us than Juolevi, so well see.

6 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Some comments from Florida fans on HF re Lammikko:

I don't see much risk with sending Lammiko down, I can't see him getting claimed. Hasn't shown anything at the nhl level to think he has more upside than a fourth liner.

Lammikko is likely out of here this/next year, don't see a long term spot for him.

waive Lammer

If he has 4th line upside then he's already ahead of the grab bag of guys we have competing for 4th line spots.

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Read this on HF too;

Juho Lammikko is a depth forward who plays solid defense and kills penalties. Zero offense except he scored on terrible backhanders (iirc all 4 of his career goals are on weak backhanders). He has no upside from 4th liner but of the 3 players moved is the only one who you can comfortably play in the NHL as of today

If he can help the PK than that's great. Just what we need out if this addition.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Read this on HF too;

Juho Lammikko is a depth forward who plays solid defense and kills penalties. Zero offense except he scored on terrible backhanders (iirc all 4 of his career goals are on weak backhanders). He has no upside from 4th liner but of the 3 players moved is the only one who you can comfortably play in the NHL as of today

If he can help the PK than that's great. Just what we need out if this addition.

Ya but didn’t we say we needed more offence from other lines because the bottom two last year didn’t provide any? It just seems we are heading in that direction again. Great that he kills penalties but no offence. Hmmm

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

Juolevi was never really given a fair shake.

Remember when Juolevi was scratched after he scored his first NHL game?

Yep. That's Green for you. If you succeed in a role that he designed to make you fail in, you'll be thrown out of the roster.

I thoroughly dislike this guy.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1