The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

I see Lammikko as 4C, 4LW or the 13th forward next season.  Given Lammikko's significantly improved FO ability, he could be an effective 4C unless the Canucks sign someone that they prefer to have in that role.  That ability would presumably help keep Lammikko in the lineup since he's also an effective forechecker with decent speed, grit and knowhow.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:58 PM, EternalCanuckFan said:

I see Lammikko as 4C, 4LW or the 13th forward next season.  Given Lammikko's significantly improved FO ability, he could be an effective 4C unless the Canucks sign someone that they prefer to have in that role.  That ability would presumably help keep Lammikko in the lineup since he's also an effective forechecker with decent speed, grit and knowhow.

Lammy's FO % alone likely spots him as a 4C.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:54 AM, Boudrias said:

Lammy's FO % alone likely spots him as a 4C.

But he did pair up well for Bruce against McDavid and OReily when Bo went down.

it was a glimpse that Bruce will work with I hope.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 7:50 AM, gurn said:

Not signing Lami -leaves the team short a 4th line center- and Dickinson is not a center- let alone a 3rd liner.

significant holes to fill.

Boeser  - Petey - Podkolzin

Garland -Miller -  Mikheyev

Kuzmenko - Horvát --Hoglander

Pearson - Lazar  -Dickinson --( Joshua 6'3, 210  speed ) Lockwood 5'11 -speed

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Holy crap!  That’s a very good forward group.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Been a (very) long time since we can say our 3rd line has realistic scoring potential. In fact, I feel if we really did put Horvat on that line, Kuz performed like we hope and Hoglander finally finds his game, that would likely be the best 3rd line we've ever had. Yes, those are two big question marks but I think there is a reasonable chance the Canucks will come out on the positive side of that possibility.

• Vintage 1

Just now, kloubek said:

Been a (very) long time since we can say our 3rd line has realistic scoring potential. In fact, I feel if we really did put Horvat on that line, Kuz performed like we hope and Hoglander finally finds his game, that would likely be the best 3rd line we've ever had. Yes, those are two big question marks but I think there is a reasonable chance the Canucks will come out on the positive side of that possibility.

I think Hogs will be much better now he’s had surgery to repair his injury.  I think that injury slowed him down and took a lot of his dynamic ability away.  He’s going to be very good.  And Kuz will be a star from the start.  He’s Garland with size and a shot. 

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Hogs will be much better now he’s had surgery to repair his injury.  I think that injury slowed him down and took a lot of his dynamic ability away.  He’s going to be very good.  And Kuz will be a star from the start.  He’s Garland with size and a shot. 

I hope you're right. I've been supporting Hogs since he arrived, and I've always put his floor at a 2nd liner. I thought last season would be his year to shine, but I'll give him a sophomore mulligan, and hope to see him show what he is capable of this season. As for Kuz, this wouldn't be the first time a touted KHL player came over but didn't work out, like Shipachyov, Gusev (who started with a bang, but left soon after), Plotnikov, and Grigorenko as examples. 

Of course, there are a list of players who did the same and worked out - like Panarin, Bobrovsky, Dadonov, and now our very own Mikheyev.

I do think there are elements in our favour. Kuz already has great skating which is the first hurdle overcome. Between him and Mikheyev, we should be a far quicker team which will be exciting to watch. He also has some solid skill. Really, there is no reason to believe he will fail - although I should point out that in his past KHL season, he got a lot more ppg than he had any other prior season so hopefully that's his true, current level of ability rather than a one-off.

• Vintage 1

On 7/25/2022 at 11:30 AM, Alflives said:

For sure! I still would resign Lamm if we could @ minimums on a one way. He could play all over the 4th line and sit in the box some nights.

And for god sakes JR and Allvin, get Dickinson off this Fing team!!

On 7/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, wildcam said:

Lines I'd like to see:

Mikheyev  - Petey - Beoser

Podkolzin -Miller -  Garland

Pearson - Horvát - Kuzmenko/Hogs

Lamm - Lazar  - Joshua/Lockwood/Hogs