The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

lets appreciate what Lammikko brings without dumping on OJ. The kid really had a run of bad injury luck.

I tried to find Juolevi today, he's not listed on Floridas roster or the Charlotte Checkers ????

Edited by Fred65

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I tried to find Juolevi today, he's not listed on Floridas roster or the Charlotte Checkers ????

Maybe he's working out the work visa issues?  

I don't think it's a straight forward as people think. 

10 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I wouldn’t call Juolevi chicken poop - he is still the best player in the trade IMO but given the circumstance Benning was able to at least get something for a player that didn’t make the club and would have been exposed to waivers . He filled a need for a bottom 6 penalty killer and got some right side depth with upside 

Yeah, he could be the best player in the trade.....he never really enough time in the bigs to know.  But right now we're seeing something that we needed jumping in right away with Lammikko.  In a short look so far, he looks versatile and more importantly, hungry.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Fred65 said:

That's harsh calling Juolevi chicken poop

10 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I wouldn’t call Juolevi chicken poop - he is still the best player in the trade IMO but given the circumstance Benning was able to at least get something for a player that didn’t make the club and would have been exposed to waivers . He filled a need for a bottom 6 penalty killer and got some right side depth with upside 

Is waiver fodder a better term?

He wasn't good enough to make our team and was about to be lost for nothing. JB managed to turn nothing into something, the analogy isn't far off.

BTW chicken poop is a good fertilizer. Chicken manure provides Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium to your plants (more than horse, cow or steer manure). So don't knock it!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Florida reclamation successes - Sam Bennett has 18 points in his first 12 games with the Panthers and Forsling is in the top 4.

Next is OJ, sooner or later Virtanen will arrive. 

Not to worry, OJ is off the team because Rathbone outplayed and out skilled him.  Not sure if this a busted pick or an embarrassment of riches.  

if Rathbone was sent down, OJ was on the team.  But Rathbone also a rookie and drafted after OJ has surpassed him on our roster.  So we get a depth guy to a weak position, and Lammikko a key near rookie bottom six center winger who hits everything that moves.  If Juulsen can recover for, his injuries, then we have a RHD local d man.  Bowey looked good and has the skating a size to be a solid pro, provided he has the commitment that he lacked earlier in his career, Ala OJ..  

Woo is a guy that will make others keep track of him on this ice, he hits hard, with a excellent Center of gravity.  Hammer 2.0. 

cant say this a loss or a re balance or assets in a more lateral move.  

it wasn’t like any Canucks prospect was slipping past waivers this offseason.  

Phats,  

Edited by Phat Fingers

14 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Next is OJ, sooner or later Virtanen will arrive. 

Not to worry, OJ is off the team because Rathbone outplayed and out skilled him.  Not sure if this a busted pick or an embarrassment of riches.  

if Rathbone was sent down, OJ was on the team.  But Rathbone also a rookie and drafted after OJ has surpassed him on our roster.  So we get a depth guy to a weak position, and Lammikko a key near rookie bottom six center winger who hits everything that moves.  If Juulsen can recover for, his injuries, then we have a RHD local d man.  Bowey looked good and has the skating a size to be a solid pro, provided he has the commitment that he lacked earlier in his career, Ala OJ..  

Woo is a guy that will make others keep track of him on this ice, he hits hard, with a excellent Center of gravity.  Hammer 2.0. 

cant say this a loss or a re balance or assets in a more lateral move.  

it wasn’t like any Canucks prospect was slipping past waivers this offseason.  

Phats,  

I think the Juolevi trade was similar to the Gaudette trade.  Moving a guy who wasn't quite fitting in for a bottom 6 need. 

Juulson I regard as a throw in for the baby Canucks which is basically Florida dumping a contract.  Would be a surprise if he amounts to anything given his injuries.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:42 PM, Crabcakes said:

I think the Juolevi trade was similar to the Gaudette trade.  Moving a guy who wasn't quite fitting in for a bottom 6 need. 

Juulson I regard as a throw in for the baby Canucks which is basically Florida dumping a contract.  Would be a surprise if he amounts to anything given his injuries.

He was pretty good in his limited time playing in Montreal and was drafted only one year after Olli - I am excited for him. 

44 games, 8 points (15 point pace), 18:19 TOI, 98.7 minutes short handed, 73 blocks, 118 hits, +6, 59.7 DZS . His possession numbers are pretty poor but in short he played in a defensive role, solid minutes, physical, and finished at a +6. I think he still has some solid upside. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, canucklehead44 said:

He was pretty good in his limited time playing in Montreal and was drafted only one year after Olli - I am excited for him. 

44 games, 8 points (15 point pace), 18:19 TOI, 98.7 minutes short handed, 73 blocks, 118 hits, +6, 59.7 DZS . His possession numbers are pretty poor but in short he played in a defensive role, solid minutes, physical, and finished at a +6. I think he still has some solid upside. 

He was drafted in 2015, a year before Juolevi not after. Juulsen was drafted in that insane first round in 2015. His tools when he was drafted were probably superb but at the pro level it hasn't translated. Benning is betting that bring him into his hometown can turn him into a solid filler hopefully something more. It's likely he could end up on waivers (again) but I hope he succeeds. 

Lammikko though, idk. He looks like a good bottom six guy, maybe Benning regrets not drafting him. Either way, we've got something back for Juolevi after wasting that top five pick on him due to organizational need. 

Hmmm

3rd on the team in hits per 60 mins. Behind Burroughs and Schenn 

2nd on team in blocked shots per 60 mins,  behind  Burroughs (just how valuable is Burroughs?)

2nd on team in takeaways per 60 mins,  behind Horvat

Conversely, 2nd worst on team in giveaways per 60 mins, behind Miller (and 3rd & 4th on the "worst" list are, respectively, Hoglander and Pettersson)

I think he's doing just fine in the role he has been given, and for the $$ we pay him

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Hmmm

3rd on the team in hits per 60 mins. Behind Burroughs and Schenn 

2nd on team in blocked shots per 60 mins,  behind  Burroughs (just how valuable is Burroughs?)

2nd on team in takeaways per 60 mins,  behind Horvat

Conversely, 2nd worst on team in giveaways per 60 mins, behind Miller (and 3rd & 4th on the "worst" list are, respectively, Hoglander and Pettersson)

I think he's doing just fine in the role he has been given, and for the $$ we pay him

There's very often an inverse correlation between hits and puck possession, so this isn't surprising. If you ever find a guy who hits all the time and also has good CORSI and takeaway numbers, keep that guy.

Sounds like the numbers say Lamm is a prolific hitter, but I guess what I'm getting at is that, for his size, he should be able to throw a few more memorable hits.  Personally, I can't remember a single hit that he's thrown, which  I suspect is because they haven't been exactly been glass-rattling for the most part.  On the other hand, it seems like most of Schenn's hits are like that, while Burroughs has thrown enough good hits to make people take notice of how physical he is.  Can't say the same for Lamm yet, but again, I hope those hits are yet to come!