The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

On 12/8/2021 at 2:51 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's always going to get comparisons to Juolevi sadly, and it looks like Juolevi is playing more and more now with a stacked Florida defence so that tells you how good he is (sure he's only playing like 12-15 minutes a night), and has more points than Lammikko too.

Luckily it was the last mistake JB will ever make but still, it's good to see Lammikko improve a bit here and there.

This makes me wonder if Juolevi would’ve gotten a fairer shake with Boudreau than he did with Green. 

I’m sure Florida’s going to be able to flip Juolevi for a first round pick or something down the road. They’re a good franchise, probably will help OJ rebuild his confidence and his game. 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:18 PM, Chip Kelly said:

The missing ingredient on that line might be Will Lockwood. He could challenge Tyler Motte as the fastest forward on the roster.

The fits those 2 could could cause getting in on that forecheck would be fun.

The Canucks are playing with better pace and effort but they still could use some more speed and edge to their lineup especially in the forward group.

For a big guy Chaise Lounge doesn't really have any mean streak.

I like Lockwood. I think the organization is grooming him to be a replica of Motte. Would love it if Lockwood could play with Motte. Those two with their speed, and the way they play, could really agitate the opposition, and give them fits. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I like Lockwood. I think the organization is grooming him to be a replica of Motte. Would love it if Lockwood could play with Motte. Those two with their speed, and the way they play, could really agitate the opposition, and give them fits. 

Lockwood in, Highmore 13th forward.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:16 PM, -AJ- said:

Launched his FO% up to 48.3%! Nice to see.

The last couple of games and who Lamikko has been lined up against,.  (OReily- McDavid)
I wonder if Horvat is becoming more “tradeable”?

See how the season ends.

But this player is working hard , and keeps rising to the occasion,.   Gotta love watching him.

Edited by SilentSam

Not going into OJ and whether this was a good trade or not for now, but is Lammiko our new 4th line center on a cheap contract?

He's a bit underwhelming lots of the time but he can shoot, he plays physical (without being a punishing hitter), he rarely makes a mistake, he seems to handle the top centers in the league and his FO% has increased dramatically over the season. Seems like he's quietly doing everything we want from a 4th line center and getting better all the time?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, J-P said:

Not going into OJ and whether this was a good trade or not for now, but is Lammiko our new 4th line center on a cheap contract?

He's a bit underwhelming lots of the time but he can shoot, he plays physical (without being a punishing hitter), he rarely makes a mistake, he seems to handle the top centers in the league and his FO% has increased dramatically over the season. Seems like he's quietly doing everything we want from a 4th line center and getting better all the time?

I think Lammikko is a good base option to have.  I assume the new management team will look to upgrade on the 4C position and could still keep Lammikko as a 4th line winger or as the 13th forward in that case.  Lammikko is the kind of inexpensive, depth 4th line player that teams need to have.  As long as Lammikko is under team control, I think he'll continue to have a place on the team especially with Motte presumably leaving either at the trade deadline or after this year.

6 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think Lammikko is a good base option to have.  I assume the new management team will look to upgrade on the 4C position and could still keep Lammikko as a 4th line winger or as the 13th forward in that case.  Lammikko is the kind of inexpensive, depth 4th line player that teams need to have.  As long as Lammikko is under team control, I think he'll continue to have a place on the team especially with Motte presumably leaving either at the trade deadline or after this year.

IMO I'd like to see Dickinson gone and replaced byLammikko

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

On 12/8/2021 at 2:51 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's always going to get comparisons to Juolevi sadly, and it looks like Juolevi is playing more and more now with a stacked Florida defence so that tells you how good he is (sure he's only playing like 12-15 minutes a night), and has more points than Lammikko too.

Luckily it was the last mistake JB will ever make but still, it's good to see Lammikko improve a bit here and there.

In what world does he have more points than Lammy?  Juolevi had and has ZERO points.  He also last played on the 18th so hardly a regular. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 8:56 PM, Stormriders said:

In what world does he have more points than Lammy?  Juolevi had and has ZERO points.  He also last played on the 18th so hardly a regular. 

Juolevi has played 9 games foor Florida since arrived. He's been out with Covid and now on the IR. His contract given so generously by Benning expires this year and I suspect he'll be back to EU

18 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Juolevi has played 9 games foor Florida since arrived. He's been out with Covid and now on the IR. His contract given so generously by Benning expires this year and I suspect he'll be back to EU

Stories about Juolevi's attitude kept coming up. As fans we don't know whether to put any cred to them. That said it isn't as if Ollie didn't get a chance with Van. Either he couldn't stay healthy or he didn't grasp the straw. Bottom line is that Benning got Lammy and Juulson both of him appear to have a future with the org. A serious trade win. 

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Stories about Juolevi's attitude kept coming up. As fans we don't know whether to put any cred to them. That said it isn't as if Ollie didn't get a chance with Van. Either he couldn't stay healthy or he didn't grasp the straw. Bottom line is that Benning got Lammy and Juulson both of him appear to have a future with the org. A serious trade win. 

Unless you allow for the fact that OJ was a top 5 O/A  selection Juuleson was a 1st round pick and Lammikko a 3rd round. The obvious error was selecting Juolevi when there were better BPA and much better D''men available. One point though is Juuleson was a major error by Mtl. I'm impressed how Lammikko has improved since he arrived

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

:canucks:

Since Coaching change

Juho Lammikko with 52.7 F.O % just .3 behind team leader Bo Horvat.

It''s tough to improve an average to that extent. If I recall it was one of his defiencies when he first arrived and clearly put a lot of work into his F/O's

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It''s tough to improve an average to that extent. If I recall it was one of his defiencies when he first arrived and clearly put a lot of work into his F/O's

It's definitely a real change. He's been steadily strong for a few months now. That change alone makes him a solid bottom six forward who can be a good defensive option.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:43 AM, Fred65 said:

Unless you allow for the fact that OJ was a top 5 O/A  selection Juuleson was a 1st round pick and Lammikko a 3rd round. The obvious error was selecting Juolevi when there were better BPA and much better D''men available. One point though is Juuleson was a major error by Mtl. I'm impressed how Lammikko has improved since he arrived

Obviously in hindsight, OJ was a bad pick but I won't say there were much better D'men available. As in OJ was ranked 5/6/7th in scouting rankings so it wasn't like JB was off the board. He was supposed to be the Top 4 steady Defencemen at the draft. Considering JB drafted Virt, McCann and BB6 the previous two drafts, I see why JB opted for best player at that position at that moment although he should just draft BPA in most situations.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Law of Goalies said:

Obviously in hindsight, OJ was a bad pick but I won't say there were much better D'men available. As in OJ was ranked 5/6/7th in scouting rankings so it wasn't like JB was off the board. He was supposed to be the Top 4 steady Defencemen at the draft. Considering JB drafted Virt, McCann and BB6 the previous two drafts, I see why JB opted for best player at that position at that moment although he should just draft BPA in most situations.

Sergachev, McAvoy and Chychrun to mention but a few were all D'men taken after OJ. All top quality first pairing D'men

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, Fred65 said:

Sergachev, McAvoy and Chychrun to mention but a few were all D'men taken after OJ. All top quality first pairing D'men

Sorry, what I meant is although they were top D, OJ was ranked higher. In hindsight, they are better than OJ but at that time, JB wasn't completely going off the board with the OJ pick. For example, Sergachev was ranked between 8 - 14 (and Habs traded him too), McAvoy was ranked 12 - 23, while Chychrun was ranked 6-13. To be honest, if JB went to pick those three and they ended up being bad due to our development and OJ being a superstar, then people will complain why JB didn't pick the BPA defencemen =/

• Cheers 1

This player's pretty impressive. What a great trade.

It's kinda strange that the only player from this roster that is underperforming is Dickinson. The rest are flourishing quite nicely under Boudreau.

• Upvote 1

As good as Motte has been, I think Lammikko is actually surpassing him as the best player on the 4th line and that's saying a LOT. Lammy brings what Motte does, minus a bit of offensive skill but adds a big, crushing body which he throws and uses well. 

He had a couple of fantastic shifts with Petey against the Habs even and really created some chaos by throwing his body around down low.

Absolutely brilliant scout and trade by JB, he did have a knack for finding diamonds in the rough and Lammikko is one of them, and I'm sure he'll become more and more of a fan favourite over time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1