The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

I'm sure it has been posted earlier, but this is a good read on Lammikko ....

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/10/12/canucks-exactly-needed-return-olli-juolevi-especially-form-juho-lammikko/

This in particular caught my eye:

"Lammikko is feisty, physical, and tenacious. If not an outright agitator, he’s widely recognized as a player who is annoying to play against"

There's a good clip, too, of an awesome hit to set up a Florida goal.

but as said, let's see those hits in a Canucks sweater

Edited by Googlie

Just noticed that Lammiko's faceoff numbers have been improving as of late. He and Miller have both been improving, though Dickinson and Petey are still struggling. Small sample, but he's up to 47.8% right now, better than his prior average of 43.8%.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, -AJ- said:

Just noticed that Lammiko's faceoff numbers have been improving as of late. He and Miller have both been improving, though Dickinson and Petey are still struggling. Small sample, but he's up to 47.8% right now, better than his prior average of 43.8%.

I am just guessing but that is about a 10.95% increase since his prior average ::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aside from the goal he scored, I thought Lammikko had a real strong game as the 4th line centre. Won 7 of 8 faceoffs, was a key cog on the PK, he looked a lot faster than the last time he was in the lineup, and was steady presence along with Motte and Chiasson. They as a trio looked quick.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Aside from the goal he scored, I thought Lammikko had a real strong game as the 4th line centre. Won 7 of 8 faceoffs, was a key cog on the PK, he looked a lot faster than the last time he was in the lineup, and was steady presence along with Motte and Chiasson. They as a trio looked quick.

Launched his FO% up to 48.3%! Nice to see.

He's always going to get comparisons to Juolevi sadly, and it looks like Juolevi is playing more and more now with a stacked Florida defence so that tells you how good he is (sure he's only playing like 12-15 minutes a night), and has more points than Lammikko too.

Luckily it was the last mistake JB will ever make but still, it's good to see Lammikko improve a bit here and there.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's always going to get comparisons to Juolevi sadly, and it looks like Juolevi is playing more and more now with a stacked Florida defence so that tells you how good he is (sure he's only playing like 12-15 minutes a night), and has more points than Lammikko too.

Luckily it was the last mistake JB will ever make but still, it's good to see Lammikko improve a bit here and there.

Actually, OJ hasn't played a single game for the Panthers and has only played 3 games for their AHL team.  Meanwhile, Lammikko has played 21 games for the Canucks.

Regardless, I still hope that OJ will be able to make the Panthers team, but for now, it remains to be seen.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think you might want to look at the actual statistics rather than making things up.

That said, I also don't think the comparisons are going to be that strong anyway given Lammikko is a forward and Juolevi's a defender. Whether or not it was a mistake is also up in the air and something we'll find out over time. To say it is a mistake now would be nothing short of premature. I get people liked Juolevi and really wanted him to succeed, me included. But let's think with our brains here and not our hearts.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 12/7/2021 at 11:33 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The missing ingredient on that line might be Will Lockwood. He could challenge Tyler Motte as the fastest forward on the roster.

The fits those 2 could could cause getting in on that forecheck would be fun.

The Canucks are playing with better pace and effort but they still could use some more speed and edge to their lineup especially in the forward group.

For a big guy Chaise Lounge doesn't really have any mean streak.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:14 AM, The Lock said:

I think you might want to look at the actual statistics rather than making things up.

But let's think with our brains here and not our hearts.

(Big Brain, ok, but not our 'little brain'; that's look'n for fur trubble.)

Lammikko is a beast!

Did you see him roar when he scored?

JB pulled off some great trades at the end of his tenure here.

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

(Big Brain, ok, but not our 'little brain'; that's look'n for fur trubble.)

Lammikko is a beast!

Did you see him roar when he scored?

JB pulled off some great trades at the end of his tenure here.

He's definately pulled off some good trades. Not every trade's been good of course but he's definately pulled off some good trades and I think anyone who would disagree with that has a hate for Benning beyond being able to think clearly about it. That being said, to praise Benning without realising he has made mistakes would be the other end of the spectrum.

Basically, he's had his good trades and moves and his bad trades and moves, just like with any other GM, and I honestly don't think we'll truly know where his moves will fit in the grand scheme of things for at least another few years when we can reflects on things better and have a better comparison with other GMs that we have had in the past.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of nowhere, Lammikko is now having a career year offensively, which, admittedly, is not saying much. He went from having 2 points in 26 games to 5 points in 29 games after three points in each of his last three games. A pace for 14 points over 82 games.

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Out of nowhere, Lammikko is now having a career year offensively, which, admittedly, is not saying much. He went from having 2 points in 26 games to 5 points in 29 games after three points in each of his last three games. A pace for 14 points over 82 games.

I’m not a analytical guy but they were saying last night that Lammy had benefited most from the coaching change. His numbers were #1 on the team?

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And was 10/11 in the faceoff circle yesterday!!

He's now 52.8% on the season, a huge uptick

Really? Wow, he's been on fire lately. He started fairly mediocre, so he must've really learned something partway through this year.

I took his last 15 games of data and he's won 64 out of 106 faceoffs for 60.4%! What a turnaround.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1