The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 hour ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

I don’t care about Dowling scoring a goal. I want the team to win a cup. We won’t come close with this soft of a lineup and Green’s style of play/coaching abilities. Get back to me in a couple of months. ;) I’m also saying this now so I don’t hear your guys “you’re just saying this cuz we lost” non sense. 

I'm pretty sure, this lineup isn't going to be the lineup that will play in the playoffs, so why the angst already?

4 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Aaaaahhh... the Anti-Greeners are out in full force. 

Nice to have life back to normal (I think) ::D

4-2 Win 

newcomers, OEL, Garland and Dowling with points tonight

our outstanding PK goes 100%

GCG!

Haven't heard from @Dumb Nuck though.  He's the president of the fan club.  

Our bet has just started and you're already not talking anymore?

24 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

We should look at packaging Boeser & Myers in a trade for a right shot shut down D who can play top 4 minutes and compliment Hughes or OEL plus a top 6 forward who can fight. 

I would go after John Klingberg and Jamie Benn (approx. 13million cap) Dallas could get out of Jamies contract but they would have to take back some salary 

Myers + Boeser plus 2022 pick to get it done (approx. 12million cap) 

Its a bold move but it would give us a fighting chance at the playoffs by fixing out D and adding toughness up front. Jamie can hold other players accountable who take runs at Pettersson. 

After that will need to get one more veteran right shot D who can play a shutdown style with Rathbone. Ideally someone who can through mitts. I know he isnt the best defensively but someone like Robert Bortuzzo 

Benn Pettersson Hoglander

Pearson Horvat Garland 

Podkolzin Miller Chiasson 
Motte Dickenson Lammikko 

Dowling, Highmore

OEL Klingberg

Hughes Poolman

Rathbone ______

Hunt Schenn 

Put down the pipe, Gandalf.

3B8155FB-6FE3-43A1-9CEC-BB94B9AADE94.webp.dfa44b27cf4395d8b904da155042981f.webp

14 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Pointing Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Don’t blame Travis. He’s clearly putting the onus on the good lord above…

GMJB - GOD MODE Jim Benning

C13B55BE-8F9B-4A1D-8915-AD2ABFE358B5.jpeg.14b6cbecd064a55ad3c93cffcd64c1af.jpeg

Look at that glorious light shine!

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

I’m seeing Green becoming a big distraction real quick the fans already are tired of his bs I can’t see him surviving a slow start.

pretty that jb could not possibly care less what the chicken little fans think.  If he fires TG it'll be because he doesnt think he can get the job done, not because he's become a distraction

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

We should look at packaging Boeser & Myers in a trade for a right shot shut down D who can play top 4 minutes and compliment Hughes or OEL plus a top 6 forward who can fight. 

I would go after John Klingberg and Jamie Benn (approx. 13million cap) Dallas could get out of Jamies contract but they would have to take back some salary 

Myers + Boeser plus 2022 pick to get it done (approx. 12million cap) 

Its a bold move but it would give us a fighting chance at the playoffs by fixing out D and adding toughness up front. Jamie can hold other players accountable who take runs at Pettersson. 

After that will need to get one more veteran right shot D who can play a shutdown style with Rathbone. Ideally someone who can through mitts. I know he isnt the best defensively but someone like Robert Bortuzzo 

Benn Pettersson Hoglander

Pearson Horvat Garland 

Podkolzin Miller Chiasson 
Motte Dickenson Lammikko 

Dowling, Highmore

OEL Klingberg

Hughes Poolman

Rathbone ______

Hunt Schenn 

Didn’t realize I was in the Armchair GM thread 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

it's the Canuck thing to do. 

We $&!# on the team before they even play, so that when they perform like $&!#, we can circle around say we told you so! /s

I Cant Sacramento Kings GIF by NBA

So tired of the brainless loyalty. 

I actually came to GDT pumped for the game. Saw the comments on TG and was wondering what the heck? It's game day. Time to cheer on the team and get pumped up. Why are they slagging on him before the game's even begun? 

I then start going back a couple of pages and. I'm wondering too.

WTF? 

Did we experiment much with Dowling on the PP in preseason? I thought Chiasson was the experiment?

This is a questionable move. 

I am hoping it works out though because I rather see us beating the Oils tonight rather than having the need to be right. I am concerned though because after 7 preseason games, it still looks like we are experimenting without a real plan.