Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Chiasson | #39 | RW


-AJ-
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, -AJ- said:

I'd say it's probably reasonable to expect somewhere around 15 goals and 15 assists if he plays all 82 games and gets notable PP time.

thats a heck of a bargain for 750k.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'd say it's probably reasonable to expect somewhere around 15 goals and 15 assists if he plays all 82 games and gets notable PP time.

That's about what I figure as well - assuming he plays the entire season and gets PP time. Once Boeser is back, I figure he slides down to the 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It's admittedly a bit of an optimistic projection, but I don't think it's entirely unrealistic.


If he can pot 12-15 I’d be stoked, specially if it comes from pp and third line duty after BB6 returns.  I could be mistaken but wouldn’t that outscore everyone from our bottom 6 last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'd say it's probably reasonable to expect somewhere around 15 goals and 15 assists if he plays all 82 games and gets notable PP time.

I doubt he sticks in the top-12 for 82 games unless the Canucks have constant injuries (which I suppose is likely).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:


If he can pot 12-15 I’d be stoked, specially if it comes from pp and third line duty after BB6 returns.  I could be mistaken but wouldn’t that outscore everyone from our bottom 6 last year?

It's a bit tricky to track since it was a shortened year, but if you remove the top 6 forwards in scoring, 7th place is Brandon Sutter, who scored 12 points in 43 games, but had 9 goals. That pro-rates to 17 goals and 6 assists for 23 points. Motte was scoring at a higher pace, but was injured more, only playing 24 games. Motte was on pace for 21 goals and 10 assists for 31 points.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's had a couple more fights than MacEwan, and clearly does the work necessary to hang on in this league, having cracked multiple teams via PTO's. Hell, he won a cup with the Capitals as a regular and played almost every playoff game. If you want a big body who can throw em and provide complimentary offense he's as good as anyone for 750k. 

 

For all the people bitching about MacEwen, he brings more than Mac ever did and that shows given his career numbers. By the end of this season he'll likely have played 600 games. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's had a couple more fights than MacEwan, and clearly does the work necessary to hang on in this league, having cracked multiple teams via PTO's. Hell, he won a cup with the Capitals as a regular and played almost every playoff game. If you want a big body who can throw em and provide complimentary offense he's as good as anyone for 750k. 

 

For all the people bitching about MacEwen, he brings more than Mac ever did and that shows given his career numbers. By the end of this season he'll likely have played 600 games. 

I hope so he's been in the NHL for 10 years, in other news Zak Kassian has been placed on IR/ Apparently he tried his luck wwith Gudbranson

Edited by Fred65
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I hope so he's been in the NHL for 10 years, in other news Zak Kassian has been placed on IR/ Apparently he tried his luck wwith Gudbranson

Guddy the enforcer. 

 

When did that happen?  Kassian cracked his coconut in the final preseason game v MacEwen

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

I hope so he's been in the NHL for 10 years, in other news Zak Kassian has been placed on IR/ Apparently he tried his luck wwith Gudbranson

Edmonton's last game was against us, if he's on the IR it's because his head hit the ice 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I doubt he sticks in the top-12 for 82 games unless the Canucks have constant injuries (which I suppose is likely).

One of those injuries would have to be him, otherwise the other injuries will just make more room for him. He's the only one that can screw this up.

 

He has a decent chance of staying on the 1st or 2nd PP. With that, he should get some decent points. Hopefully he can be consistent much of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, elvis15 said:

One of those injuries would have to be him, otherwise the other injuries will just make more room for him. He's the only one that can screw this up.

 

He has a decent chance of staying on the 1st or 2nd PP. With that, he should get some decent points. Hopefully he can be consistent much of the season.

 

What? When Brock comes back there's a decent chance he'll be scratched interchangeably with Dowling unless there's more injuries.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chiasson hasn't impressed me during the pre-season or the first regular season game.  I really don't get why he got a contract at the expense of a younger player who has more long term potential.  I truly hopes he proves me wrong though.

Edited by RogersTowell
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RogersTowell said:

Chiasson hasn't impressed me during the pre-season or the first regular season game.  I really don't get why he got a contract at the expense of a younger player who has more long term potential.  I truly hopes he proves me wrong though.

Kind of agree but he's very versatile, adds toughness and can hold his own in the crease, so I can see why the coaches want him around. He's also able to play everywhere from 1st line to 4th line without missing a beat. But yeah - at some point he does need to actually bring something else than shooting straight at the goalie ;-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh he's alright as an injury fill in.  When Boeser gets back he will either be on the 4th line or in the press box.  

 

If I was him I'd be worried about job security.  When your employer misspells your name on the back of your jersey it probably means your days are numbered...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...