The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I see so you see Edler as a Hamonic replacement. 

Same Salary as Hammer and Hammer was expected to be 4D.

Is Hamonic even coming back this year? If so, I don't see a need for Edler but if not yeah there might be case for Edler.  I don't know what a Hughes Edler pairing would look like especially as Elder's footspeed has slown down and his poor play seems to be magnified when his ice time goes up. Canucks are riding Hughes hard on 2nd pairing.. I dunno if Edler can keep up at this stage of his career. 

I'd rather have Hamonic for sure.    The original point was we don't have a PKer on the left side outside of OEL.   We simply don't.   And then mentioned something about Edler would have been fine as a third pairing LHD given the circumstances.   For clarity, i was fine that we didn't re-sign Edler.    Also was hoping we'd re-sign Hamonic, the mystery around why he's not playing .... well just hope he's back soon.   He's a RHD that covered our 2nd pairing PK last season well enough.   Schmidt did our LHD PK work.   Now we have ... Poolman playing both sides.  And a little bit of Boner when OEL is out. 

Found out I could stream the game on the Sportsnet app on my phone. I'm I watching the first period from the depth of a hot Epson salt bath? You bet your sweet canuckle head I am. Couldn't think of a better way to end the work week.

Rub-a-dubdub, let's get the dub.

• Like 1