The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Loving me more of that mobile game driving defenseman.
The team looks great. Really liking OEL.  
grittier thanks I thought and a deadly wrister. 

Do you remember the great Habs of the 70’s?  Lapointe, Robinson, and Savard.  Three great lefties who dominated.  That’s us now!  Go us!  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

If people are going to dish hate on the franchise, They can take a little heat back. They are all people too you know. Why do you think price is taking a leave? 

Being passionate is one thing, But screaming everyone is amazing one game when you win, And beating them down when they lose to fulfill your own personal agenda? This city has done this since the dawn of any sport, The negative " passion " bleeds onto the team, And they go down with it. What certain people do here is not even close to valid constructive criticism though

Bruh you’re the one attacking someone’s personal life over their criticism of a franchise and millionaire hockey players. You’re the one in the wrong. Full stop.

Edited by Petey40
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Bruh you’re the one attacking someone’s personal life over their criticism of a franchise and millionaire hockey players. You’re the one in the wrong. Full stop.

So it's okay to personally attack JB and the players, who happen to be people. But its not okay to tell people to stop doing so. Enjoy the list of ignore as well. You clearly can't see things objectively 

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it would still be disallowed but nothing to lose really besides the time out

Doesn't work that way now  - rule changed for the 19/20 season. A team doesn't lose the timeout, but is assessed a penalty if the challenge fails

https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/new-nhl-rules-forcing-coaches-to-think-twice-before-challenging-plays

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

So it's okay to personally attack JB and the players, who happen to be people. But its not okay to tell people to stop doing so. Enjoy the list of ignore as well. You clearly can't see things objectively 

Lol people who aren’t gonna read something vs people who are? Yes it’s okay. And he was pointing out their play, not their personal life or character. You clearly can’t see things objectively not me. Get a grip.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The irony is real. Hockey players and personal are people too. What you are doing is attacking them. Cheers enjoy the ignore list of many

Umm who did I attack? You seem to justify making personal attacks to what I said about Green’s system. I never said anything about any player. I don’t know what your talking about and you have no credibility now. Night.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Even if the Garland hit was a penalty it was the non calls that preceded that hit that were the bigger issue.  Usually refs at least try to hide the fact they’re trying to fix the game but tonight they didn’t seem to care how nakedly blatant and obvious they were.   If I were a betting man I’d have zero confidence, ZERO, in the integrity of the reffing.  

Even though that mentally challenged ref waived off Rathbone’s goal with such authority, I still would have challenged it. Simply to stick it in his face, and make him go on record saying that was legit.

Weakest goalie interference call I’ve ever seen. That was the definition of incidental contact, and it was initiated by Greiss, outside of the blue paint.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Doesn't work that way now  - rule changed for the 19/20 season. A team doesn't lose the timeout, but is assessed a penalty if the challenge fails

https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/new-nhl-rules-forcing-coaches-to-think-twice-before-challenging-plays

Oh, I can see why green didn't challenge then

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you remember the great Habs of the 70’s?  Lapointe, Robinson, and Savard.  Three great lefties who dominated.  That’s us now!  Go us!  

I love the positivity Alf but it has me thinking… @apollo is AWOL. You haven’t abducted and “probed” him have you?

Another GDT, another thread where some people are more worried about telling other people how to be fans than discussing the actual game.

Seriously, get off your high horse.

---

Played pretty well considering travel and B&B and whatnot. Got sloppy at times after the 1st period but deserved the win based on the overall game.

The team seems to have a lot of jump overall and isn't a train wreck defensively, which is miles ahead of last year's start where we looked like a junior team at times.

Considering we don't have Boeser (and even Motte, not that I'm a huge fan) I'd say it's a pretty positive start.

• Cheers 2