The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Agree completely.

Canucks got into the bubble playoffs on a play in. They were not a good team going into that  but came together and had a couple good series.  Saved Green's job.

But outside of that this coach is awful.

Listen I don't like Calgary but they have created a culture under Sutter that they have bought into.

What have the Canucks bought into? I will tell you. Apologizing. Saying that's on me/us. I/we have got to be better.

That is what this coach brings...apologies and softness.

He is not a good NHL coach.  We are not progressing under him.  He has had years coaching this team and had a lousy record.

Way past time to get rid of Green and bring in someone who the players can get behind.  Not someone they simply feel comfortable that they can hide behind - who will go out and apologize for them.

This may be true, maybe not about Green getting us to the playoff during 2020, probably right the team wasn't good without Tanev and BB.   That said it did happen, and the record books show 17 playoff games, which is good enough to be the second most the Linden and the Sedin teams ever managed.   People have short memories when they want when it comes to sports.   A lot Green detractors actually came around then.   Winning for sure changed everything, this game was one of inches again - could have just as easily come out with a win as a loss. 

One thing that i don't like is our slow starts.   Seems like we come out hard in the second and or third but our first periods are all over the place.   That needs to change.   A totally different game if your playing with the lead...six out of 8 games is disturbing.    I do like that this team seems to have some ability to come back (so far)...if that goes too, and we still are chasing 3/4 of the games, Green won't be around by game 25. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I just feel like my team is a laughingstock, like something to be ashamed of. Most of the other Canadian teams seem to have past Stanley Cup wins to reminisce about. What do the Canucks have? A couple of devastating 7th game losses with 0 Cups and 2 riots? Not even 1 1st overall draft choice in 50 years? Sometimes I really wonder “what’s the point?” It’s been really tough to be a fan of this team the past 8-10 years

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya pretty much lol the dump and chase when we were out shot 16-4 literally dump the puck to the other team and they walk out with the puck lol as soon as we have the puck we go up to their blueline again dump it to the corner to give it to them and back on defense we go

Teams get to practice their offensive breakouts also their zone entry when they play against Travis and his highly predictable systems.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Wouldn't that be hilarious? Aquillini's get rid of the anthem singer for being anti-mask but then hire a guy who condones sexual assault. 

Never in a million years but holy hell would I be disappointed if they did something that stupid. 

He's not allowed to work in the NHL anymore.

• Cheers 1

Also, at this point, there really should be zero reservations in firing Green. I literally don't think this team could play any worse. There is only upside to changing the coach. 

The bonus for Aquaman is... How much is Green's salary compared to what is the revenue associated with making the playoffs? 

It should be a no brainer... 

I believe 1 playoff game will result in a net profit let alone an entire series or multiple rounds. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

buddhahoodlumComets Star

buddhahoodlum  sassbs said: 

Let’s go! Dump n chase boys!   In all honesty, I hope they continue to lose so heads can roll.  

Spoken like a true fan. Not.

HF boards are that way. --->

Everyone found this comment amazing yet I’m still baffled by it.  Was I wrong?  Green needs to be fired!   The more they win, the more secure his job will be!   At this point, bring back torts !  Anyone Is better than green.  

I’m not a homer fan, I’m a die hard fan, if losing means green will get fired sooner than later , then let’s lose.   If things continue the way they are, and green gets fired in Jan/feb (if at all) , it may be too big of a hole to climb out of.   He needs to go now!  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, Sutter won those with the Kings by playing a heavy defensive game based on the roster that was provided to him.   

Basically, he understood the strength &,weakness of his roster,  created a system that would  maximized the talent in the roster - and the players bought in.

And look, Flames doing well now with Sutter. Green is gone soon I hope, just not sure what all else is out there.

19 minutes ago, sassbs said:

buddhahoodlumComets Star

Let’s go! Dump n chase boys!   In all honesty, I hope they continue to lose so heads can roll.  

Everyone found this comment amazing yet I’m still baffled by it.  Was I wrong?  Green needs to be fired!   The more they win, the more secure his job will be!   At this point, bring back torts !  Anyone Is better than green.  

I’m not a homer fan, I’m a die hard fan, if losing means green will get fired sooner than later , then let’s lose.   If things continue the way they are, and green gets fired in Jan/feb (if at all) , it may be too big of a hole to climb out of.   He needs to go now!  

I don’t understand.  Fans are supposed to cheer for their team to lose, because winning will be negative?  :blink:

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

I just feel like my team is a laughingstock, like something to be ashamed of. Most of the other Canadian teams seem to have past Stanley Cup wins to reminisce about. What do the Canucks have? A couple of devastating 7th game losses with 0 Cups and 2 riots? Not even 1 1st overall draft choice in 50 years? Sometimes I really wonder “what’s the point?” It’s been really tough to be a fan of this team the past 8-10 years

Try being one for 45 years 46 years...

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"Sportsnet 

The Vancouver Canucks' top forwards are not getting the job done. That was evident again in a 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers."

Notice the headline does NOT say Green isn't getting it done.  

Hughes, OEL, Bo, Miller, Garland, and the grunts are getting it done.  Really we need Petey and Bess to play their best more often.  They will.  It’s early.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t understand.  Fans are supposed to cheer for their team to lose, because winning will be negative?  :blink:

I hate how they lose. Nor do I believe in tanking for lottery.   If they lose , green is fired.   The reason I’m cheering for them to lose now is because this has to happen soon.   
why?  Let’s say new coach comes replaces green by December.   The players have time to adjust and adapt to his system.  They then are in a position to make a strong case for playoff hockey.   

if green is with the team until February for example, ans assuming nothing changes in team performance, then by the time the team adjust to the new coach it may be too late to catch the playoffs, even if they do tear things up.  

That’s the way I see it 

Tough to watch right now. Green and Benning sign and the team continues to look lackluster. 

Playing uninspired, selfish hockey. Even Garland looks like he has let up a bit. First few games he was a hornet. Now, he like the rest, look like those big lazy bumble bees. 

Brock looked dangerous at times. 

If you change most of the players but the results look exactly the same, you have to start looking elsewhere.  

• Upvote 1

Petey looks terrible. He needs a demotion to the third line and to Pp2.

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Hog - Miller - Boeser

Pod - Dickinson - Petey

Heck, put him in the press box. He’s not right. Yes he’s rusty, but after the hold out, all the talk, the effort level doesn’t seem to be there. Perhaps he forgot his “brand” is being an amazing hockey player that wills his teams to win, not wearing ridiculous clothing.

10 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I hate how they lose. Nor do I believe in tanking for lottery.   If they lose , green is fired.   The reason I’m cheering for them to lose now is because this has to happen soon.   
why?  Let’s say new coach comes replaces green by December.   The players have time to adjust and adapt to his system.  They then are in a position to make a strong case for playoff hockey.   

if green is with the team until February for example, ans assuming nothing changes in team performance, then by the time the team adjust to the new coach it may be too late to catch the playoffs, even if they do tear things up.  

That’s the way I see it 

But if we are winning isn’t that good? 

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

buddhahoodlumComets Star

Losing is never something you wish for.

A losing culture on a team is bad news.

And Tort's coaching style sucks. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"Sportsnet 

The Vancouver Canucks' top forwards are not getting the job done. That was evident again in a 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers."

Notice the headline does NOT say Green isn't getting it done.  

They’re  not getting it done but why. 
Do You think they all just forgot how to play?they all just aren’t trying? 

They got together and said we shouldn’t  play hard this season?

Or 

is it the system that doesn’t cater to the strengths of the players a system that seems to suck any creativity out of the players.

There’s seems to be no chemistry on ANY line 

did you see Phillies power play they didn’t pass it around the perimeter looking for a one timer from one player it looked fun to play thats another thing there’s seems to be none of with Travis none of our players look like they are having fun it looks like no fun hockey and the results are no fun to watch. 

So the players aren’t buying in or the system is trash either way it’s on the coach.

this isn’t a new problem here green hasn’t been a good coach and his winning% is closing in on willies with a far better lineup.

the excuses have all been used up.

it’s results time  for JB and Green 

• Cheers 2