The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Ok........I am doing the music tonight!

We will start out with a little Thunder Clap pre game as the players come on the ice

Then we will get into a little Eric Clapton's .........Cocaine

Then a little Queen................We will rock you

Submission will be taken on here until game time........................for the remainder of the season

Heavy collective soul 

• Cheers 2

The last 3 times these teams met, EDM won all three by a score of 3-2,  but I got a feeling it's going to be a fairly high scoring game tonight, like 5-4. The Lotto Line might start clicking and the PP could be better, but then McDavid and Draisaitl seem to score at will.  I'm just hoping the Canucks can get some goals tonight and put up a good fight for the home town fans. Every point matters, so VAN needs to win in regulation.  

• Like 1

The last game we played, where we were “trying” to catch up and tie the game, honestly the team looked neutered and soft.

So many of our plays now are so predictable. No imagination going on. We have a player who can score goals lacrosse style from behind the net. Why don’t we occasionally put him out on a power play behind the net like a modern day Gretzky?  

Petey needs to get his stuff together. Watching him lose the puck in his feet the past few games has been a nightmare. 

A reflection on Sutter. We all know he didn’t play well enough to earn his last contract. On his more recent contract, it sounded too good to be true. Why would he sign for so much less with the same team? My hunch is he knew he had long Covid when he signed that thing, and he knew there was a good chance he wasn’t ready to play. Athletes aren’t sitting on their butts all summer. He knew where he was at, and even though this latest contract is a small one, he’s still ripping us off with it.

Oh yeah, and fire Green already. If there are no obvious replacements, I could take a leave from work for a bit and interim coach. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The nickname is getting popular around the NHL. ::D

Calling a grown man and professional hockey player an “angry little elf” is a little demeaning no?

Maybe he’s cool with it but if not Oake needs to shut up. Could think of much worse nicknames for that guy…

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Calling a grown man and professional hockey player an “angry little elf” is a little demeaning no?

Maybe he’s cool with it but if not Oake needs to shut up. Could think of much worse nicknames for that guy…

I think he's owning it.  Kinda like "team like that".

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think it's lighthearted, not a big deal...

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I find these Garland nicknames to be quite offensive. Pump the brakes. 
Scott Oake is the master of awkward comments. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I find these Garland nicknames to be quite offensive. Pump the brakes. 
Scott Oake is the master of awkward comments. 

I think it's hilarious.

Nothing like being trash talked. Means you are doing something right!

Obviously there's a line there it's always hard to know where it is.