The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canuck Maxim Lapierre destroys Toews ( article).

Rate this topic

cuporbust

3 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Hard to blame Toews and Kane when they were still really young at the time and were too afraid to rock the dressing room... we don't even know if they had all the knowledge or if they ever refused to help when approached... but at the very least, Toews and Kane did sound sorry. BUT look at that face of Duncan Keith though.... eyes were shifting like "oh crap... how should I talk about this?"

What I found real disgusting was Queenville's face in the first interview after Beach came out.... all this "no comment" response, the blank face... not one bit sorry man!!! He was the head coach where all the players looked up to and he just wanna win at the time, took the side of management and turned a blind eye to this horrible crime!

Captain Bo was right!! This was totally unacceptable... and the NHLPA didn't do a thing to help at the time! 

Hard not to blame a captain afraid of rocking the dressing room.

• Vintage 3

I don't like Toews as much as the next guy, but I'll have to defend him, Kane, and Keith here.   

While it's possible that they knew that something had transpired, there's no way that these guys knew the full extent of what was going on.  

Their primary goal and focus was to compete for the cup and they already had a ton on their plate.   

From what they understood, management took care of the Aldrich situation in the off-season.   

I hate to admit it, and I apologize for offending folks here, but I believe that Kane, Toews, and Keith didn't know what was going on.  

The real villains here are Stan Bowman, the former Chicago Blackhawks executives, Gary Bettman, and possibly Joel Quennville.  

The players are innocent in my view.

• RoughGame 5

1 hour ago, Bure2Win said:

You can bet almost everyone on that team knew.

As much as I dislike those 2010 Blackhawks as hockey rivals, they would have murdered Aldrich had they known what was going on.  

Byfuglien probably would have done to Aldrich what Aldrich forced upon Beach before Byfuglien, Ladd, Eager, and those guys would curb stomped Aldrich's &^@#ing face.  

• RoughGame 6

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Toews and Kane should have their contracts terminated immediately.  And Bettman should be fired tomorrow.  Not sure how Cheveldayoff got away with it, he must have something on Bettman.

The bigger punishment is to extend Toews and Kane's contract by another 10 yrs

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

I don't like Toews as much as the next guy, but I'll have to defend him, Kane, and Keith here.   

While it's possible that they knew that something had transpired, there's no way that these guys knew the full extent of what was going on.  

Their primary goal and focus was to compete for the cup and they already had a ton on their plate.   

From what they understood, management took care of the Aldrich situation in the off-season.   

I hate to admit it, and I apologize for offending folks here, but I believe that Kane, Toews, and Keith didn't know what was going on.  

The real villains here are Stan Bowman, the former Chicago Blackhawks executives, Gary Bettman, and possibly Joel Quennville.  

The players are innocent in my view.

Several players in that dressing room have stated it was sponken openly, even jokedabout in the dressing room. So what exactly were they innocent of?

The fact remains they all say they never heard about it, or have no recolection of it... 

Regardless of what exactly they knew, the fact they say they never heard anything, makes them rotten to the core and really pathetic. 
its not as if they were talking about an every day occourance.... They knew something was going on... can be debated, maybe, how much in details they knew, but they have definotely heard about it. 
And Toews in particular, should have asked the boy if everything was ok. 
i have zero doubt Horvat would have done so.... 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Several players in that dressing room have stated it was sponken openly, even jokedabout in the dressing room.

But what was said? Jokes about gays? 
If the players heard that the two had a date it’s definately something they would joke about.

Did they hear that Beach was sexually assaulted? If so I don’t believe they would joke about it. 

So what exactly were they innocent of?

The fact remains they all say they never heard about it, or have no recolection of it... 

Regardless of what exactly they knew, the fact they say they never heard anything, makes them rotten to the core and really pathetic. 

If it was only common banter no one remembers if they don’t have a problem/issue before the joke. 

its not as if they were talking about an every day occourance.... They knew something was going on... can be debated, maybe, how much in details they knew, but they have definotely heard about it. 
And Toews in particular, should have asked the boy if everything was ok. 
i have zero doubt Horvat would have done so.... 

So what did the players know exactly? 

I want to remind people who think the players are absolved of guilt in this of how a lot of Blackhawks players refused to cooperate with the independent investigation. That to me and most sensible people is an admission that they did do wrong and don’t want others to find out their actions. Otherwise what do you have to lose if you were innocent and could bring details of who was at fault for what.

I’m also going to disagree with those who are giving Cheveldayoff a pass. If I hear about sexual harassment as he says he thought it was then you’re damn right I’m going to want to find out the details and then make sure whatever actions taken were appropriate regarding the level of abuse. Seeing sexual harassment as an ok not super important to look further into I’ll trust my bosses to do whatever is needed is a damning look for anyone at any level of management. You have a responsibility as managers to support and protect your employees and to look into any problems they bring forth thoroughly. That is literally your main job to deal with issues. He should have lost his job for not doing his.

I hope Toews, Kane, Keith and all the others on the team have this black mark forever stained on whatever legacy they have.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

But what was said? Jokes about gays? 
If the players heard that the two had a date it’s definately something they would joke about.

Did they hear that Beach was sexually assaulted? If so I don’t believe they would joke about it. 

If it was only common banter no one remembers if they don’t have a problem/issue before the joke. 

So what did the players know exactly? 

Good question... 

as per several players there were talk/jokes going on in the locker room. 
The fact remains that most of the players say they never heard anything about anything...
If talk or jokes were going around that a team mate or work mate of mine were having some sort of sexual relations with another bloke in the place, be it consensual or not, I would remember... wouldn't you?

It was obviously enough for some to state it was common knowledge. 
What exactly was said would have to be asked of the players, but they suddenly have collective amnesia... 

The captain of the team should look after everyone.... thats what a leader does. 

Edited by spook007

31 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Good question... 

as per several players there were talk/jokes going on in the locker room. 
The fact remains that most of the players say they never heard anything about anything...
If talk or jokes were going around that a team mate or work mate of mine were having some sort of sexual relations with another bloke in the place, be it consensual or not, I would remember... wouldn't you?

It was obviously enough for some to state it was common knowledge. 
What exactly was said would have to be asked of the players, but they suddenly have collective amnesia... 

The captain of the team should look after everyone.... thats what a leader does. 

If one person had heard a rumour and started the banter noone else understood why but went along for the banter. Nothing more…

Why should they remember that after 10 years filled with banter?

The one that started the banter might have known but who was it? 
This look like collective punishment without ny proof.

Beach and maybe a few more was probably very sensitive and remember every word.

But why should the ones that only did some banter wich is something that goes on every day they meet.