The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not about luck. People have to stop saying that. They haven’t gotten into the scoring areas to get rebound goals. This team is just too soft.

Next time there is a O-zone entry...check to see whether any Canucks go to net in support.  Often I see none and they take a shot that is easily stopped from the periphery.  That is a coaching issue! 

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not about luck. People have to stop saying that. They haven’t gotten into the scoring areas to get rebound goals. This team is just too soft.

can't disagree. multiple muffins taken from the fringes make for an easy night and a high save % for Gibson.

The zamboni driver could have pitched a shutout tonight.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If just enough is hovering around .500 every season I guess he’s doing enough.

Thats the bar ownership and management has set.

Seems to be - or he bought some cred with the playoff run in the bubble but that was a combination of many things and not necessarily his coaching prowess. I'll admit I was a supporter of him in player development but it appears to me he can't challenge them or get them to that next level of compete. They are in it most games but he doesn't have that ability to motivate them.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Sometimes teams never score for a goaltender.  Sometimes it’s cause of the goaltender themselves because their play doesn’t inspire confidence so the team is always double clutching because any wrong move could end up in the net.  Like the first goal.

Wasn't that a double screen?