The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

13 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Turcotte looks like he might be a bust. 

I’d be interested in Grans more than Faber. Could you imagine if we could get both Grans and Faber?? 

It would be nice to grab one. I don't see them giving us two RD like that.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I’d be interested in Grans more than Faber. Could you imagine if we could get both Grans and Faber?? 

That would be great if we could. I think Turcotte has actually looked pretty solid in the AHL in his stints there over the last couple seasons, he’s still young and could pop so I’d be in favour of adding him with one of those Dmen but if given the option I’d take the 2 Dmen 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

You spell Boqvist and Poulin weird.

If we can send them back one of Dickenson. Poolman or Myers...then yes to Kapanen.

Miller, Myers ($1m retained) for Marino, Kapanen, Blomqvist, Poulin and their 1st.

With Pit losing (likely) both Malkin and Letang, they might want Myers with Miller.  

Considering the return you suggested, would (you think) we still trade Garland?  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With Pit losing (likely) both Malkin and Letang, they might want Myers with Miller.  

Considering the return you suggested, would (you think) we still trade Garland?  

I don't know how "likely" that is.

They might, but it might be for some size etc instead of a RHD. 

But otherwise Garland, new 3C, Kapanen wouldn't be an awful 3rd line. That's a lot of speed, 2way, and PITA ability. And either Garland or Kapanen can fill in in the top 6 with injuries.

Trade for Roy from Vegas or sign one of Paul/Tierney/Sturm for said 3C.

4 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

A player was traded with 1 year left does infact happen. That is what my response was to claims that they don't. One of the most recent examples of a senerio we could expect could be the way Jones deal came about. 

Mr.alfs claim was for the reasons you repeated. That has nothing to do with what I said. 

This is a daily cycle with some, Hence simpleton

fair enough but does it make you feel better calling people simpletons? Perhaps you need to do some work on yourself and think about why calling other people names, because of their opinions on a GAME, makes you feel better about yourself.

Try being civil and respectful of others.

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

How does Turcotte look like he'll be a bust?

21 pts in 32 games in his first year of the AHL

18 pts in 27 games in his second year of the AHL (marginally better ppg average)

seen 8 games in the NHL, yet to get points but its only 8 games

only 21...

A bit weird to say a 21 year old kid who's almost a ppg in the AHL is a bust I would posit.

Edited by NucknAsia

13 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

just-kidding-airplane.gif

regards,  G.

Could only go with the laugh-almost went with the heart.

Petitioning for the ability to use two or more emoticons.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Haha no kidding.  That deal everyone hates is starting to look like a miss now.  Too small a sample set I know but Chytil appears to be arriving.

Kid's realizing his potential. Good for him but it looks like we missed that boat.

missed-the-boat-too-late.gif

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Haha no kidding.  That deal everyone hates is starting to look like a miss now.  Too small a sample set I know but Chytil appears to be arriving.

Chytil was the only enticing piece of that rumoured package.