The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

IMO the Pittsburgh deal is also the least sexy, so it makes sense that if nothing can be done with NYR or NJD that’s the one you take at the draft floor.  

If Schneider, Laf, 2nd overall and Bratt are all off the table, which it appears they are, then I wouldn't get my hopes up for a "sexy" deal. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Schneider, Laf, 2nd overall and Bratt are all off the table, which it appears they are, then I wouldn't get my hopes up for a "sexy" deal. 

They’re off the table until they aren’t, though.  I wouldn’t expect GMs to lead with offering those guys.  Someone could very well still come up.

At the TDL, everyone be like "it will get done at the draft!". Draft comes, and picks are treated like gold, nobody trades them other than to move up and down a few spots. 

Prediction. We will resign Miller. We aren't trading him for a mixed bag of late draft picks.

23 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Yeah when you swing enough times you usually hit a couple. That was a hit, we also gave up a 2nd rounder and took on Sutter to send Bonino out. 

Kesler also coming off a 25 goal season that year too. 

That second rounder was the one we got back from the Ducks for Kevin Beiska…also traded Clendening with Bonino. So it was basically 

Bonino 2C

2nd round pick (KB3 return)

Adam Clendening 

for

Sutter 3C

conditional 3rd round pick

49453824-0FDE-4773-9DB9-92C11ACB9A05.jpeg

• Cheers 1

So if Rutherford can’t get something bigger done, is Marino+Kapanen+1st+3rd enough for Miller by the time the 21st OA comes around?  

It’s certainly a return.  

Or does management pump the brakes since 2023 draft is supposed to be stronger?

Edited by ilduce39

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

So if Rutherford can’t get something bigger done, is Marino+Kapanen+1st+3rd enough for Miller by the time the 21st OA comes around?  

It’s certainly a return.  

No,   Keep him and work on an extension during the season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

That second rounder was the one we got back from the Ducks for Kevin Beiska…also traded Clendening with Bonino. So it was basically 

Bonino 2C

2nd round pick (KB3 return)

Adam Clendening 

for

Sutter 3C

conditional 3rd round pick

49453824-0FDE-4773-9DB9-92C11ACB9A05.jpeg

That 3rd became wil Lockwood 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mll said:

Not really close to home - he's from Pittsburgh.  Still uncertain - teams so low in the standings tend to be not taken as seriously which can lead to some unexpected wins. It's what Rutherford was explaining and why he didn't want to only look at their record under Boudreau.  CBJ needs to confirm that they are really on the rise.  The players they are building around are really young and development is not often linear.

Columbus is a 3 hour drive from Pittsburgh. So I think it’s closest NHL city to Pittsburgh. Even Philly is a 5 hour drive from Pitts

Edited by arsenalian

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

It’s certainly a return.  

Depends if we can trade Kapanen immediately.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Columbus is a 3 hour drive from Pittsburgh. So I think it’s closest NHL city to Pittsburgh. Even Philly is a 5 hour drive from Pitts

Pittsburgh was his team growing up and they might just have a hole at C2 with Malkin possibly not returning.  And they are all in to win now.

Edited by mll

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

It’s certainly a return.  

Well if I am a GM I am trading the Canucks absolutely nothing for JT at the 2023 draft.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Getting strong "nothing will happen" vibes from today.

I agree absolutely nothing going to happen today.

Canucks select at 15.

I'd like them to draft Geekie but no way he is there.

They'll take a dman at 15 is my guess.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1