34 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Rangers have 7M in cap space per cap friendly 

Could we do something like this:

Miller 50% Retained

Garland 

Schneider

Lafreniere 

1st

add subtract pieces on whatever side needed? 

I know it’s been reported that NYR have shown interest in Garland as well. It seems like an extremely fair trade makes NYR absolutely untouchable and helps us in a few years. 

Idk. I really like Garland. And Miller. But it’s the cap era, and losing guys like OEL and Myers will kill us. 

I hope the team is seriously looking into something like this.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

So…

Miller (50%) + Motte + Garland + Schenn

for

Schneider + Chytil + Kakko + Lafreniere + Kratsov

Lol

:P

Don't forget Halak for Georgiev too! :lol: 

And honestly, I'd probably take one of Robertson/Othmann/Barron over Kravstov.

Realistically, we'd probably have to take some cap back in there as well haha.

52 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Well said, don’t like the let’s make the Playoffs and hope we get lucky idea. I want JR to build a powerhouse like the Avs or the Hawks back in the day. If we have to take a few steps back to get there I’m okay with that.

Even FLA had to sidestep getting to where they are today. I totally agree. Cash in on value when other teams are desperate for your assets to win a Stanley cup. Those assets will be important when Petey Boeser and Hughes are hitting the winning age (27)

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

But they didn’t then apparently,  this was considered with the same potential as what you 3 guys are proposing.

aGent Stawnzy and N4zzy ;)

gilligan's island television GIF by TV Land Classic

I would try this though with the Rangers,

Boeser, Halak

for

Scheider and Kravtsov.

The Rangers may seriously not have any decent goaltending do a playoff run.. and Halak might waive his no move for that playoff opportunity.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/rangers-win-doesnt-change-their-alex-georgiev-problem/

Boeser for Schneider? I mean, there are no reports that the Rangers have declined to include Schneider in a deal for Miller, but if Miller can't get Schneider, I don't think Brock can. A winger is less valuable than a centre, which Miller is. 

Halak for Kravstov I think the Rangers would be loathe to do that deal as well. Maybe for a mid to late pick for Halak. But not a promising top six player (potential at least). 

3 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Rangers have 7M in cap space per cap friendly 

Could we do something like this:

Miller 50% Retained

Garland 

Schneider

Lafreniere 

1st

add subtract pieces on whatever side needed? 

I know it’s been reported that NYR have shown interest in Garland as well. It seems like an extremely fair trade makes NYR absolutely untouchable and helps us in a few years. 

Idk. I really like Garland. And Miller. But it’s the cap era, and losing guys like OEL and Myers will kill us. 

Surprised that they would have interest in Garland.  Their owner Dolan has been particularly concerned about their lack of size to make it through the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, mll said:

Surprised that they would have interest in Garland.  Their owner Dolan has been particularly concerned about their lack of size to make it through the playoffs.  

the owner may have his own opinions, but he has hired a hockey ops and management team to do the right thing. 

With that being said, i wonder what could come back this way for Garland. Could both Miller and Garland go to the Rangers? 

I mean, that’s quite the package. 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:58 AM, aGENT said:

To be fair, situation is vastly different. There was still a lot of questions around Eichel's health (still are in fact, even if slightly less now) and his very large cap hit. They were also in off season, not near the top of the league heading towards playoffs. And that link also states they weren't wanting to give up Lundqvist either, not just Schneider as you implied.

None of that suggests that now in playoff position, with a very solid chance, that they wouldn't be willing to give up some of their over abundance of D depth for 2 runs with a healthy, productive, $5.25m (or less, with retention) Miller.

Fair enough, however I still don’t see them trading Schneider, who I believe is being moulded into Trouba’s role sooner rather then later.

Like I said, he’s probably their #1 prospects in their system and would likely take someone around their core age group to pry him out of New York in a trade. It would be like the equivalent to us in 2015 (?), trading Horvat for someone like Jeff Carter, at a run at the Cup.

In the end, I think the Rangers are more likely to trade for a rental (my bet is Pavelski), who probably won’t cost as much as Miller. 

Edited by shiznak

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

the owner may have his own opinions, but he has hired a hockey ops and management team to do the right thing. 

With that being said, i wonder what could come back this way for Garland. Could both Miller and Garland go to the Rangers? 

I mean, that’s quite the package. 

And that opinion led to the firing of Davidson and Gorton.  He replaced them with Drury who he felt had a vision that aligned more with his.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, coryberg said:

It's not a canuck trade but how about what Matt Duchene got? He was a 26 year old center with a year and a half left on his contract who was clearly not playing up to JT's current level but he was the creme of the crop for available centers at the time.

Returned 6 pieces....

-a unprotected 1st (Bowen Byram)

-a highly touted young prospect in Girard

-a former 1st round prospect in Bowers

-a former 2nd round prospect in Kamenev

-a 2nd round pick

-a 3rd round pick

An unprotected 2023 1st round pick and a top prospect should be a price at minimum 

Edited by Provost

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

It would be like the equivalent to us in 2015 (?), trading Horvat for someone like Jeff Carter, at a run at the Cup.

How about trading Hodgson in 2011 for a top 6 center or top 4 dman? Would have all but guaranteed us a cup.... but Hodgson was our top prospect so I'm glad we didn't do it!!!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, coryberg said:

How about trading Hodgson in 2011 for a top 6 center or top 4 dman? Would have all but guaranteed us a cup.... but Hodgson was our top prospect so I'm glad we didn't do it!!!

Wasn’t that Hodgson for Reinhardt?

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Boeser for Schneider? I mean, there are no reports that the Rangers have declined to include Schneider in a deal for Miller, but if Miller can't get Schneider, I don't think Brock can. A winger is less valuable than a centre, which Miller is. 

Halak for Kravstov I think the Rangers would be loathe to do that deal as well. Maybe for a mid to late pick for Halak. But not a promising top six player (potential at least). 

yes,  Boeser for Schneider

Halak for Kravstov..   maybe we sweeten it a bit .. maybe not.

Kravstov has asked for a trade.

The Rangers backup goalies are not going to help them in Cup contention down the stretch.. that has been noted by New York press.

Halak might be the perfect go to for them.. if he waives his stipulation.

Schneider has been rumoured, and recently brought up from the AHL to “show”.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-roundup-verbeek-named-ducks-gm-and-canucks-may-want-braden-schneider/

F24F3143-3D62-4180-A8A6-98592A8F5017.png

B86EF6E7-BB79-4A6E-93FF-3FDD1CBD8945.png

Well, with the needs the Rangers have, and the needs we have, maybe it's Miller, Motte and Halak for Kravtov, Kakko and Schneider.  Either way, if we play this right, we are going to get some core future pieces.

Future setup like this seems pretty nice for the long term:

Kakko Pettersson Boeser

Podkolzin Horvat Kravtsov 

Hughes Schneider

OEL Myers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

yes,  Boeser for Schneider

Halak for Kravstov..   maybe we sweeten it a bit .. maybe not.

Kravstov has asked for a trade.

The Rangers backup goalies are not going to help them in Cup contention down the stretch.. that has been noted by New York press.

Halak might be the perfect go to for them.. if he waives his stipulation.

Schneider has been rumoured, and recently brought up from the AHL to “show”.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-roundup-verbeek-named-ducks-gm-and-canucks-may-want-braden-schneider/

F24F3143-3D62-4180-A8A6-98592A8F5017.png

B86EF6E7-BB79-4A6E-93FF-3FDD1CBD8945.png

Zero chance you're getting Schneider for Boeser.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Not to mentioned it makes the least sense out of any of the trade options. They have been linked to cost effective Miller and Garland, so sure let's send them a winger they have shown no interest in that's due a new contract. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

The included combination of Halak as a bonefide back up goalie might hold some weight over that..  I also stated perhaps we add to Boeser / Halak  for Kravstov / Schneider to make it happen.

I never stated one for one player Stawnzy.

The full sum of trades can outweigh the shiny bits.